November 21, 2017, 06:17:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eldora  (Read 1238 times)
Vivian
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:56:55 AM »

Was not sure if this should be here or under race talk.  Got it from Jayski

Six Days Until the Nextel Prelude to the Dream #20-Tony Stewart is an Indy car champion and a two-time Nextel Cup Series champion. He is also the proud owner of Eldora Speedway, home to the June 6 Nextel Prelude to the Dream presented by Old Spice, which will be broadcast live on HBO Pay-Per-View, with proceeds from the ground-breaking telecast supporting the Victory Junction Gang Camp and the Tony Stewart Foundation. Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne and Ryan Newman, along with Stewart, Juan Pablo Montoya, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth, Bobby Labonte and more, will be a part of this year's Nextel Prelude to the Dream presented by Old Spice. The ultra-competitive all-star race featuring motorsports' finest drivers will begin at 7:00pm/et, with an immediate replay and subsequent replays throughout the week and the following weekend on HBO Pay-Per-View. Prospective viewers can order the event as early as this Sunday, right up until race time on June 6. All that is necessary to order the event is digital cable or satellite service. A subscription to HBO is not required. The suggested retail price is $24.95 and available to more than 61 million pay-per-view homes. Ordering information and up-to-the minute racing information is available at www.hbo.com/sports. A limited number of tickets are still available for this year's Nextel Prelude to the Dream. To purchase tickets, or for more information regarding Eldora Speedway or the Nextel Prelude to the Dream presented by Old Spice, log on to www.eldoraspeedway.com.(True Speed Communication PR) and more info on my Racing Charities page.(5-31-2007)

Tony talked about maybe having IROC there one day, but IMO, this is much better!
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »

Vivian, we're gonna have a "Prelude Party" at our house. Several of my car/ racing buds are coming over and we're gonna have a blast.
 Last year we went to this race, twice actually. It was rained out in June, and re run in September.
  This year, the idea of Pay per view seemed like a really good idea, so that's what we' re doing. Neat, Huh?? Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
super61
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 07:08:09 PM »

i/m making the trek to the west coast ( of the state ) to see it live,, it should be quite the canrival

ken
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

I hope that you have a great time, Ken. From the promo I saw on the PPV channel last night, Dave Blaney and Tony will have a good go at it. If I recall correctly, Tony passed Dave on the last lap to win in 2006.

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 08:19:28 PM »

we're gonna have a "Prelude Party" at our house. Several of my car/ racing buds are coming over and we're gonna have a blast.

That sounds like a lot of fun, Dick!  Great idea to make the price seem more worthwhile.   laugh  I did that when they had the Pocono race on PPV only back in the early 90s.  Then dragged all my non-racing friends over to watch it with me - trying to convert them.  Haha!.  Thankfully, now I've found a lot more people who love racing, I don't have to bribe people to come to watch races. 

Have a great time!

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »

Dick and Ken,  Sounds like you both are gonna have a good and fun time.

I am sneaking out from work early to watch.  It comes on at 4 here so I want to be home to make sure it pops in when I order it and also because I am gonna try to edit out commercials.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »

I'm also going to be getting this, as long as Time Warner shows it.  And remember that proceeds are going to the Victory Junction Gang Camp and the Tony Stewart Foundation. 

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »

Time Warner better show it, Shawn, or I'm going to have a bunch of unhappy guests. Grin

William James
shawn
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »

Well, Time Warner in my area is showing it. 

Its channel 801, In demand #1 for me.

Vivian
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 01:40:32 AM »

Directv is channel 122
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »

Directv is channel 122

Although I'm not interested in ordering this program, I was curious if you are paying HBO directly or just adding it to your DirecTV (or cable) bill? 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »

I'll let you know for sure, but I believe it will be on my cable bill.

William James
Vivian
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 09:45:24 PM »

I will order from directv and it will be on my monthly bill.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »

Thanks for the info, Shawn and Vivian!  Claire has the producer and someone else from Fox on XM right now talking about the show.  They said all you need is digital cable or satellite service to get it.  Also that they will have DW in the booth, Berggren in the pits and Kyle Petty doing something.  Sorry, Artie Kempner was saying that as I type.  Sure hope you all are saved from BBB.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:06:19 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Vivian
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 01:43:42 AM »

I sure hope he does not start the race with that bbb crap.  And how can that man announce something he knows nothing about?  Hope the regular track announcer is there to handle it.  Surely they won't just let DW take over...darn it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: