November 18, 2017, 06:21:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allen Bestwick Hosts NASCAR Now  (Read 859 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 31, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »

Sally mentioned this last night during the chat and I recorded the repeat at midnight, so hopefully I can see it tonight when I get home.  For those who missed it, here's John Daly's blog about a decent show for once:

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/

I haven't watched this show since the third week it was on, but if Bestwick remains the host, I might just tune back in.  Here's a link to email ESPN with feedback (thanks again Shawn!):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »

Here's a more specific link to read the entire article:
http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/05/allen-bestwick-rocks-nascar-now-to-its.html

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »

I had taped the show yesterday so I watched it last night.  At times it seemed like Alan was reading from a script as he was asking questions just like the other hosts in the past.  At times, he seemed comfortable and seemed to follow his old way, but I think ESPN scripts the shows so I want to see another one with him.  He did not seem at ease the way he used to, IMO
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »

Well, Lou recorded the supposed repeat at midnight last night, but when I went to watch it tonight, ESPN had showed boxing instead.  Bastards...

I'm going to try and watch tonight's show, hoping Allen is on again tonight.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 05:15:29 PM »

Well, Lou recorded the supposed repeat at midnight last night, but when I went to watch it tonight, ESPN had showed boxing instead.  Bastards...

I'm going to try and watch tonight's show, hoping Allen is on again tonight.

The reason was that the baseball game between the Indians and Red Sox, which followed the original program, lasted over three and a half hours, and ESPN2 then had a commitment from the boxing promoter to show the fight card in its entirety.  The re-air began at about 9:40 p.m. Pacific time (12:40 a.m. ET Thursday).

Unfortunately, as you may already know, Erik Kuselias hosted last night. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »

Unfortunately, as you may already know, Erik Kuselias hosted last night.

Yeah...I tuned in for about 5 minutes, but couldn't stand to listen to him and switched to something else quickly.   Angry  I'll be anxious to see what John Daly has to say about his return.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:23:10 PM »

John Daly at The Daly Planet had a great article about the show and the fans responses were many so far.

The link is on Jayski.
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »

I read that Allen hosted NASCAR Now again today. Sure enough, ESPN2's schedule was discombobulated again, and from what I can tell, NN never re-aired. I really want to see AB on NASCAR Now for myself one of these days.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 12:28:55 PM »

I read that Allen hosted NASCAR Now again today. Sure enough, ESPN2's schedule was discombobulated again, and from what I can tell, NN never re-aired. I really want to see AB on NASCAR Now for myself one of these days.

Since the time moves around so much and I was curious to see who was on last night, I set my Tivo for a "season pass" which means it will find it whenever it was on. We got home from dinner and went to watch the recording.  As the lead-in came on, I heard Allen's voice!   Grin  The show was better than some I've seen with lots of interviews with Shannon Spake (?) of drivers at Eldora.  Unfortunately, the producers still replay the same video footage over and over, and over during the show!  I find that very annoying.  Why can't they keep the camera on the person being interviewed or the host?  I guess I'm not just the short-attention span types they are targeting, because I got real tired of seeing the same camper drive into the in-field 3-4 times. 

Like John Daly, I think it's quite interesting that the show can send someone to a non-NASCAR event live, but they can't have someone in Charlotte to interview teams every day.

At the end of the show, Allen gave out the email address to send them feedback:

nascarnow@espn.com

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: