November 20, 2017, 08:40:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR On TNT Coverage  (Read 806 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: May 28, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »

Believe it or not, it is almost time for the Cup Series to make the change to a new network. FOX's last broadcast this season will be next week at Dover, and then TNT will take over. I was doing some investigation and saw something interesting with the TNT Race coverage.

Well when I went on TNT's website they have the schedule for their race broadcasts. Before each race they have this show listed and it is called "NASCAR On TNT Live". Then after that show they have the Countdown To Green Pre-Race Show and then they have the actual race.

Does anyone know what this "NASCAR On TNT Live" show is? Is it like NASCAR Live on SPEED? For example, the June 10th race at Pocono coverage begins at  12:30 PM with the NASCAR On TNT LIVE! Then at 1:30 is countdown to green, and then at 2:00 is the actual race coverage.

For all of their six races they have the "Live!" show listed. So my question is does anyone know what this show is?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »

Does anyone know what this "NASCAR On TNT Live" show is? Is it like NASCAR Live on SPEED? For example, the June 10th race at Pocono coverage begins at  12:30 PM with the NASCAR On TNT LIVE! Then at 1:30 is countdown to green, and then at 2:00 is the actual race coverage.

For all of their six races they have the "Live!" show listed. So my question is does anyone know what this show is?

Brett, your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe it will be more of an entertainment show, perhaps with Rutledge Wood as host, a musical guest, and whatever celebrities choose to come to the race. Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:45 PM »

I don't know and may never find out.  We have enough pre race shows, IMO.  I have not watched any of them in a long time.  I don't even watch "Race Day" any more.  Everyone seems to want to be a tv personalily and it is just repeat after repeat; just different people on the stage and so called holding the signs and people standing around on cell phones waving and making funny faces to the people they are talking to on cell phones.  It gets mighty old with me...guess I have developed a very negative attitude, huh?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:10:45 PM »

It gets mighty old with me...guess I have developed a very negative attitude, huh?

Nope, it's not just you that hates all that crap, Vivian!  They do have some decent features by Wendy Venturi on Race Day, but I have a hard time listening to Spencer and Kenny run their mouths.  For two mediocre drivers, they sure have high opinions of themselves.  But I really, really like John Roberts a lot.  He's very natural, smooth and seems to have little ego.  If they'd put him on NASCAR Now, that would improve that show about 1000% IMHO.  I'm like you about some of the races when it comes to Race Day, I just watch bits and pieces of it, usually while doing other stuff.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 10:40:14 PM »

What really has irritated me about Raceday is that they have dragged it out to 2 hours in many cases...and they do it by running several minutes of some of the tape from 'Survival of the Fastest' show.  It's a blatant way of dragging the show out longer.

Sally
shawn
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:24:08 AM »

I've pretty much stopped watching any of these pre-race shows.  With the Internet, and all the shows about NASCAR they don't have any new info to give.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »

They do have some decent features by Wendy Venturi on Race Day

And I wish that I watched the one on Bud Moore last Sunday.  Here is a moving story on a World War II veteran, highly decorated, who would make a huge mark on the first half, and a little more, of NASCAR history.

I read about it on the Daly Planet:
http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/05/raceday-celebrates-nascars-american.html

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: