November 18, 2017, 03:22:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dover Truck Race Tape-Delayed  (Read 531 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 30, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »

I remember seeing a promo on Speed last week or the week before, saying the Dover truck race would be Friday night and thinking "they don't have lights at Dover..."  Now I see on the Weekend Schedule at racingone.com that the race is actually at 4:45 Friday afternoon, but for some reason SPEED is tape-delaying it until 8:30 that night.  For once, the race will be run at a time when we can actually stay awake for the finish and TV decides to show it much later.  This really bugs me since we're heading out to Dover for the Busch race extremely early Saturday morning (since have pit passes thanks to Shane Huffman).  So, we probably won't be able to stay up for the finish of the race on TV and probably will not be able to avoid hearing the results at the track. We might as well just check out the web for results when the race actually ends (around the time TV will begin showing it).  Great way to get viewers, SPEED.   Angry  Of course, I guess then we can avoid having to listen to Michael Walrip's frantic "coverage" on SPEED as well.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:23:49 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »

I just knew that you would find a silver lining in all that, Cheryl. Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:22:30 PM »

Of course, I guess then we can avoid having to listen to Michael Walrip's frantic "coverage" on SPEED as well.

AMEN!  For the record, I have lost all respect for Mikey as a broadcaster.  I thought he had great potential, but he's thrown it away.  Sad. Sad Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: