November 23, 2017, 12:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McLaughlin's Take on Saturday Night's race  (Read 597 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 21, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »

Most everything he says is SO true!  I especially like a reader's comment about how casual fans were not going to stop on the race just because Next-hell tried to make the "4 quarters" like a football game.  Personally, I liked the inversion though. 

http://www.frontstretch.com/mmclaughlin/9050/

Please don't let Matt's comment about the Busch brothers (or any other driver) open this up to driving bashing.  Thank you!

Cheryl
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 05:51:22 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »

No bashing from here. In fact, I thought that Kurt was pretty civil about it in his tv interview. Good for him. Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »

Here's another good article about Saturday night's extravaganza from Vito Pugliese at frontstretch.com:

http://www.frontstretch.com/vpugliese/9059/

One point he makes reminds me of that commercial with several drivers in it (Sadler, Edwards, etc.) talking about the local tracks:

"Indeed, those were exciting times. NASCAR acted like itself and had its soul intact."

Everytime I see that commercial about the local tracks and hear the drivers say they're "the soul of NASCAR..." I always say "NA$CAR no longer has a soul..."   Angry 

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »

I agree with what Dick said when he said this:

I thought that Kurt was pretty civil about it in his tv interview. Good for him.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:13:18 PM »

Thanks, Matt and Vito, for two excellent columns! Smiley Smiley

Between the attempt to turn NASCAR into football, the tire compound issues, and the loss of the lawsuit to keep AT&T off the #31 car, this is not the best time to sell people on NASCAR.  It has indeed lost its way.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: