November 20, 2017, 03:06:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larry McReynolds on TNT  (Read 948 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: May 08, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »

I can't wait for LArry Mac to be on TNT. It will be interesting to see how he works with the stubborn Bill Weber. Which brings me to my next question. Why didn't TNT just hire Larry MAc to replace the late great Benny Parsons, instead of hiring Kyle Petty who now has to jump out of his own ride to do broadcasts. Plus now they will have two former drivers in the booth, unlike most networks who have a driver and crew chief/owner.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »

Brett,

I  moved this post to TV Talk since it didn't have anything to do with this week's broadcast.  We need to try and keep the discussion in the "rate the broadcast" threads just about the weekly broadcasts. 

As to Larry working for TNT, I believe I read that he will be filling a Jeff Hammond type role in the infield with something like the Cutaway Car, so he won't be in the booth. 

Cheryl
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »

Sounds like TNT will be like ESPN and copy everything about FOX. So basically its going to be like watching FOX all year round. I liked when TNT use to be different and not have the vut away car stuff.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »

I agree with Brett.  Larry McReynolds is better served being in the broadcast booth rather than in the infield.

If they need Larry for the cut-away car segments in the scenario of being one of the booth announcers, they can be pre-recorded for later use.  Why do they have to be live, especially under green-flag conditions?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »

What happend to the old days of TNT with War Wagon, and that little mini model car they had that Benny Would use to should us different things on a car.
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 01:49:07 AM »

I sure miss Benny.  Now he was a personality I never dreaded although he did seem to make mistakes about who was who occasionally.

About TNT or any of them, it is just one more show to them and they have almost become like the paparazzi these days.  JMO...
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

Smiley :)not happy guys not happy about this!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: