November 24, 2017, 04:49:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR Integrity  (Read 403 times)
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« on: April 29, 2007, 11:08:24 PM »

I really found it ironic  that the first caution of the Talladega race resulted in a speeding penalty for Tony Stewart.  I've read several articles saying he should watch out for additional "penalties", but could NASCAR be that stupid?  BTW, I believe that was the only pit road speeding penalty issued for the entire race.

Yep, NASCAR could be that stupid, when's the next Rockingham race:)

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 11:45:39 PM »

We listened to the race on MRN today while driving home from North Carolina.  When Stewart got lapped and the race had been caution-free to that point, I bet Lou we'd see him be the benefactor of a mysteris debris caution.  Lo and behold, less than 15 minutes later the caution came out and TS was back on the lead lap.  I couldn't help but think this was there way of teaching him a lesson that he could easily benefit from "competition" cautions just like others.  What a joke!

Cheryl
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 01:05:04 AM »

NASCAR made all the right calls today. There was debris when the cautions came out for debris, stewart said he knew he was speeding, the race ended under yellow unlike at Daytona when fans got angry. Although I know people out there believe NASCAR should not have thrown the yellow. But what can you do. NASCAR can neve rbe right to some fans.
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:12:06 AM »

I reckon I miscommunicated again.  The focus of my post was the speeding penalty, not the debris caution (which I saw on TV and there was actual debris).  I never heard any admission on Tony's part about speeding, and even if he wanted to contest it, I doubt he would given his current status with NASCAR.  Most Talledega races have several pit road speeding penalties, but Tony (to my knowledge) was the only one caught today.

Nope, not a big Tony fan, but I respected his integrity 'til NASCAR strangled him.

As far as NASCAR making the right calls, not IMHO.  They let the 00 car run spewing oil on the track way too long before throwing the caution based on their recent "discretion" concerning racing safety.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »

There was debris that they showed.  And Tony did admit he was speeding.  I thought it funny that he got his lap back under a real caution.  But I still don't know why they did not throw the caution sooner when the 00 blew up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: