November 22, 2017, 11:06:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late Start Times Affecting Ratings?  (Read 1610 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »

I live in the same time zone as Vivian, and I can also make the necessary adjustments.

Actually, the statistics are mixed.  While 80 percent of the country lives in the Eastern or Central time zone, it is also true that California (Pacific time zone) is the state in America with the most people.  Also, the fastest growing states are all in the West (Nevada, Colorado, Idaho etc.)

With that being said, the state isn't producing enough "real fans" (as measured by the ratings) to make up for the decline in the audience elsewhere.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 09:12:47 PM »

Just wanted to explain where I was coming from.  And to say that I know that no one intentionally intended to post something that would be taken the wrong way by someone else.

It was both threads about the starting time and the remarks that got me upset.  It just seemed to go on and on.  I first posted that there are always inconveniences in life.  Then I posted my schedule for the Busch race hoping everyone would realize that it is not necessarially easier for west coast fans.  Then I kept reading both threads and posted a very sarcastic post which I felt no one really understood what I was saying so after that stuff really hit me wrong. 

I know I probably took it all wrong.  You can post any bad stuff you want about my favorite drivers and I can overlook it because I know they all err and so I just shrug my shoulders and think, 'oh, well'.  No big deal.  But for some strange reason, I did take exception to things written on both threads and just wanted everyone to know that I felt the west coast fans as a whole seemingly were being resented because of the tv times.  I also felt they were being unfairly blamed for the decision by Nascar and the tv stations for the races cutting into everyone on the east coast meals or sleep time.

And that is all I am gonna say on this subject.  It's done.....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: