November 18, 2017, 07:22:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Napa and Toyota ad  (Read 731 times)
Vivian
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

I keep forgetting to post this!

There is a commercial on tv where Mikey shows Dale Jarrett how Napa uses a dog to get a replacement part. Mikey says it is an electric fuel pump for a 1972 Land Cruiser.  The dog brings the new 'thing' in and drops it at their feet.

Whatever it is, it is not a fuel pump for a '72 Toyota Land Cruiser.  1960 through 1972 Land Cruisers used the same mechanical fuel pump. The electric fuel pump for those vehicles came into use in 1988.

And that is precisely why Don does not buy from Napa.  They deliver the wrong parts....

Do you really think Napa is looking to sponsor someone else as was rumored on Jayski?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »

Whatever it is, it is not a fuel pump for a '72 Toyota Land Cruiser.  1960 through 1972 Land Cruisers used the same mechanical fuel pump. The electric fuel pump for those vehicles came into use in 1988.

And that is precisely why Don does not buy from Napa.  They deliver the wrong parts....

Do you really think Napa is looking to sponsor someone else as was rumored on Jayski?

I'm certainly not defending something in a commercial/movie/TV show that is totally incorrect, but that seems to happen all the time.  I have never understood it though.  When it would take just a few minutes to get the details right. 

As to Mikey, I read this article right before I left work today from Lars Anderson at Sports Illustrated.  Second item has the following point and quote from MW:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/lars_anderson/04/24/earnhardt.contract/index.html

"Though Toyota is firmly behind Waltrip, who has failed to qualify for the last seven races, Waltrip acknowledges the possibility that his sponsors could back out if he continues to miss shows. "I've missed seven straight races," he said. "If I miss eight or nine, we might go from a three-car team to a two-car team. The goal is obviously to keep this from going to a no-car team. If I think that eventually it will help our team for me to step out of the car and just concentrate on being an owner, I'll do that. It's a possibility. I'll do whatever it takes for us to turn this thing around."

To me, that sounds like he's seriously worried about losing one of his sponsors...

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:31:42 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me to see him lose NAPA.  He hasn't run well the past 2 years and he isn't getting the most favorable attention lately.

cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:45:52 AM »

Vivian, great point!  As far as MWR and NAPA go, I wouldn't be surprised at NAPA pulling the plug any time.  I guess I'm not watching as many races, but I don't seem to see as many NAPA commercials featuring Mikey and it seems the same holds true with Aaron's.  I'm sure Mikey's a bit worried since he's dumped millions in his racing venture (according to him).  It's sort of a shame, in my childhood, NAPA was the standard for parts we used on the farm but no longer.  Carquest is about the only reliable parts supplier around here and they aren't that good.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »

I have usually relied on local parts houses around here, but they are becoming more and more difficult to find.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

We have one local parts house here, but there is no way they can supply everything a repair shop needs but we do use them some.  We used to buy at Carquest but their prices are funny so we don't use them much anymore.  We use a couple of warehouses and big suppliers normally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: