November 17, 2017, 06:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stewart/Kahne  (Read 2822 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 01:11:26 PM »

Last night when I got home, I listened to the NASCAR station on XM for quite a while.  Their reporter had excerpts from several interviews during and after the race on Sunday, all involving the Stewart incident.  One thing I found interesting was one she had with J.D. Gibbs, who is running Joe Gibbs Racing now.  She asked him if Tony would be more under control if his father was there instead of doing football.  J.D. laughed and said in no uncertain terms that his father couldn't control Tony either!   :lol:  

I guess I was happy to hear this because everyone keeps saying that Tony wouldn't be acting this way if Joe was around.  Now I'm not a particular fan of the Redskins or Joe Gibbs (never have been even though the team is based not far from where we live), so I never thought his absence or presence had anything to do with this increase in incidents involving Stewart.  Glad to hear his son affirm what I thought was true.  

They also had tape of the entire comments made by Ray Evernham during the race.  I've never heard Ray so angy (okay maybe that one time he called Gary Nelson some bad names on the scanner at Dover a few years ago).  But he was pretty condeming of NASCAR for not taking more action against Tony last week.  Quite interesting...

When she talked to Jimmy Johnson, he said he saw Tony go flying by on the outside on that restart and he knew something was going to happen, so he backed off.  Good call, Jimmy!  

Since for once I wanted to hear all the quotes from everyone I also watched Totally NASCAR last night.  On there, Larry Mac commented that if he learned one thing last weekend that probation by NASCAR meant absolutely nothing!  Way to go, Larry!

Also last night on Inside Winston Cup, it sure sounded like the boys sure thought Tony needed to use more patience.  

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 02:27:51 PM »

i can't believe only tommy baldwin was fined for this.nascar used the LAME excuse that he shouldn't been in stewart's pit.that just won't fly with me.stewart's crew chief should have also been fined for starting the fight.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 04:47:15 PM »

I would love to know whether NBC has tape of the incident from the very beginning.  We would then find out whether anyone really threw punches, or, as Baldwin claims, someone simply slipped.

Also, I agree with NASCAR that it was an accident.  Maybe a misjudgement, but definitely an accident.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 06:30:49 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
I would love to know whether NBC has tape of the incident from the very beginning.  We would then find out whether anyone really threw punches, or, as Baldwin claims, someone simply slipped.

Also, I agree with NASCAR that it was an accident.  Maybe a misjudgement, but definitely an accident.

I suspect if that had gotten it all on camera, we'd have seen it.  Kinda like the giant orange deal.  But I did finally get to see that on 24/7 on Monday night, but not until the safety vehicles were chasing it around and finally got it corralled.   :lol:

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 06:32:38 PM »

good point desmond when nbc picks up the fight it's at the end.
sally
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 11:51:58 PM »

I heard it was basically a shoving match.  All the tires laid out are what tripped everyone up.  Probably saved someone from actually throwing punches!
Vivian
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 12:56:04 AM »

They probably did trip on the tires or there would have been more fines, I think.  There were at least 2 officials on the ground with them.

BTW, I read this article on a link from Jayski and it pretty much says what I would have liked to have said.
http://www.catchfence.com/html/2004/bm071404.html
He pretty much summed up what a lot of us think.  And Jeff Hammond on a show pretty much said the same thing.  Can't remember the show, but Don said Tony must be paying Jeff, ha ha.  :lol:
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 03:43:37 AM »

I know I am coming in on this late, but touching on Cheryl's questions about whether this would be happening if Joe Gibbs were around...

Wasn't big Joe in charge when Tony was smacking reporters and parking his IROC piece of @$#% and shoving fans?  Didn't Tony get into a shoving match with Robby Gordon under the "control" of Joe?

I think that what started on the sidelines and in the garage area has just boiled over onto the track, and it doesn't really matter who is in charge, Tony is under no one's "control."
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 03:14:21 PM »

i don't think that having joe gibbs around would keep tony from doing whatever he wants to do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: