November 17, 2017, 11:53:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Race at Phoenix  (Read 1077 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 19, 2007, 04:09:38 PM »

Jeesh!  Just checked the weekend schedule on racingone.com and saw the Busch race is not "scheduled" to start until 9:30 tomorrow night.  Guess I'll be tivoing that to watch Saturday morning.   Angry  Of course, there are suppose to be about 24 whackers in it, so it's not like I'll be missing much...

Cheryl 
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:23:37 PM »

You know, I don't mind night races but why can't they start @ 7-7:30 so people on the east coast can watch the end of it.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »

You know, I don't mind night races but why can't they start @ 7-7:30 so people on the east coast can watch the end of it.

Exactly!  I can't believe these TV networks are really getting better ratings with such late starts to the trucks and other races. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:10:11 PM »

My hunch is that the 9:30 time to start is a compromise which pleases only the west coast---certainly not the ole sleepyheads in the east Grin
 Shoot if the race started at 5:30 local time, a fella could leave the office and saddle right up to the bar and be ready to meet his best friend, etc. Now that would be a fun Friday!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:46:56 PM »

My hunch is that the 9:30 time to start is a compromise which pleases only the west coast---

If the folks on the east coast lose out, I don't see that as a compromise.   Huh?

Shoot if the race started at 5:30 local time, a fella could leave the office and saddle right up to the bar and be ready to meet his best friend, etc. Now that would be a fun Friday!

I couldn't agree more!  Why don't the people making these schedules ask us?   laugh

Cheryl
super61
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »

do these nuts realize i have to be up for work at 4am? how can i possibly support all those sponsors in such a short time frame?

ken
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 01:17:26 AM »

I remember reading before this season started that they were going to mvoe start times back farther so west coast viewers could watch. But it looks like they are begining to go a bit too far. It will be interesting to see how the ratings are.
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »

There are always inconveniences in this old world and this west coaster is just thankful that she has the option to watch or tape no matter what time the race is on.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 05:03:57 PM »

I also live on the West Coast, but I also feel that this is way too late.  I wouldn't have minded starting an hour earlier, almost on the same schedule as prime-time baseball or the NBA on broadcast networks.

Then again, ESPN2 is committed to carrying boxing earlier in the evening, as it does every Friday night.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 08:56:20 PM »

You know, I have mixed feelings on this but I want to give everyone an idea as to how we, and many other working people will deal with the start time tonight. 

I set my recorder to go from 4pm until 9:30pm Pacific time.  We will start closing shop (shutting all equipment down, reading meters, batching cr cd machine receipts, and moving tires and cars inside or to the back yard shortly after 5:30pm.  By the time that is done and we discuss the day and tomorrow's work and lock the door we will get into our cars about 6:15pm or so.  Meanwhile the race has started recording.  I stop at store to get milk and maybe Don stops to pick up an ordered pizza.  We get home about 7pm.  Do our usual which is let the dog out to walk, change clothes and freshen up after a long day, grab some food and finally sit down about 7:30.  Meanwhile the race is half  over.  We don't want to watch only the last half as we don't want to know who won before we see the whole thing.  So, in case it runs over, we wait until about 30 minutes after the scheduled time slot and finally rewind the tape and sit down to watch it all the while hoping someone who watched it has not called to tell us what happened and who won.

A lot of other middle class people have the same type schedule so Nascar is not really accomodating the west coast except maybe some of the rich people who don't work or some of the celebrities who don't go out until late.

I know I posted earlier but I wanted everyone to know that west coast viewers do not necessarily have an advantage, and I am sorry that the race starting time  has created such ill feelings for the east coast viewers.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:44:13 AM by Vivian » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:26:18 PM »

I set my recorder to go from 4pm until 9:30pm Pacific time.

Why so early, Vivian?  Was there another program you were recording before the NASCAR pre-race show started at 6 p.m.?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:41 PM »

Good post, Vivian. Yes, most of we working stiffs have similar things to deal with. This past Friday, I left early to go get my truck and head for the cruise. But getting home at 6:30 or so is much more common for me.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: