November 22, 2017, 10:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kentucky ups the ante...  (Read 1376 times)
Vivian
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »

Dick, I hope you are right.  laugh
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »

Dick, I hope you are right.  laugh

So do I. Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 02:50:47 PM »

SOMETIMES, the good guys do win. Grin

As we talked about in the chat last night, my fear is the fans will be the real losers in all of this.  I read an article yesterday that speculated if KY gets their way and dates end up going to the highest bidders, great tracks like Martinsville, Pocono and Darlington couldn't afford to keep their dates.  I'm sorry, but as much as I don't like the monopoly of NA$CAR, I don't think KY deserves a date more than those places.  I'm afraid this could result in the "law of unintended consequences" and we'll get more boring races at 1 1/2 mile tri-ovals.   Sad
If ISC settles like they did with Texas, I can really see one of Martinsville's dates being the sacrifical lamb and I certainly don't consider that a win for the fans.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »

Good point, Cheryl. I'm jst so tired of Nascar's arrogance that I welcome the anti trust allegations. ISC is a publicly traded corp I think, and that always changes things. (which is one reason the idea of taking some companies private has become a hot idea these days). Regardless, Cheryl, you raise a good point, and we fans may end up forgotten again. BUT, we still have our pocketbooks to vote with! Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: