November 21, 2017, 11:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes Coming to ESPN?  (Read 579 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 20, 2007, 01:48:21 PM »

There's a quote in this article from John Daly that ESPN is looking to make some changes.  Let's hope they get someone in who actually has some experience with NASCAR to host NASCAR Now.  Massaro would be good, but so would Bestwick IMHO.  I also agree with Daly that Tim Brewer is sadly underused during the broadcasts.  He's really been a pleasant surprise for me in how well he's adapted to TV.

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/04/espn-mulls-nascar-changes.html

It's a long article, but here's the part about changes: 

"...ESPN's Julie Sobieski. As the Network's Senior Director of Programming, Sobieski is clearly the point person for NASCAR issues. She said "we just had a big meeting this week with all our different groups. You'll be hearing about talent additions that haven't been announced yet. We make changes and take advantage of the opportunities."

Cheryl
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:27:45 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 05:24:21 PM »

Here's what I would do to improve NASCAR Now:
  • Name Allen Bestwick and Mike Massaro hosts for at least for some of the shows during the week.
  • Run more race highlights and pre-taped profiles, as opposed to a steady diet of interviews.
  • Spotlight at least one driver from the NASCAR Regional Racing series events every week, perhaps even branch out to ARCA and USAR on occasion.
  • Use Erik Kuselias and Doug Banks sparingly, if at all.  As John Daly wrote, they are miscast.

As for race coverage, fire Brent Musburger, restrict use of the cut-away cars to yellow flags or better yet the pre-race show, get rid of the pre-race rock video, and stop showing the Busch Whackers as much.  Unfortunately, I'm afraid that none of this will actually happen. Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »

They better figure something out before they get to the Cup races later this season.
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know what Happend to Brent Musberger. Did he get released? He has been absent for about a month now.
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »

Brent is only doing the "bigger" races as he has other duties with ESPN on ABC. I bet he'll back this weekend cause the race airs on ABC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: