November 21, 2017, 12:01:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC Graphics Debut  (Read 2012 times)
17RoushFan
Veteran

« on: July 11, 2004, 03:15:53 AM »

So much for the "3 positions at a time scoreboard." NBC has followed suit with FOX as they used a scroll ticker for those who did not see today's Busch race. I was also surprised there were no names written in yellow during green-flag pit stops, but the network is probably saving their good graphics for the Nextel Cup races, along with their telemetry box for "Through The Field."

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
sally
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 04:46:22 PM »

Was it just me, or was the type NBC used in their (curses) ticker difficult to read?
Sally
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 05:04:44 PM »

I found it a little hard to read, but overall I enjoyed their coverage better than FOX.  Time will tell though.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

sally
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 07:11:11 PM »

The coverage in general is far superior, I agree!  I didn't feel as if my ears had been assaulted by the end of the race!  All in all I felt a much more professional approach, but then I've always preferred NBC.  I feel they put the emphasis on the race, not in the booth.
Sally Cheesy
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 02:13:02 AM »

The top ticker was hard to read.  A combination of the font used and the light colored background, I think.

Hey, they did do semi intros!  Showed all with good size pics although they did not mention all of them orally.  I was extremely pleased.  Oops, I have to do this on the broadcast review so consider this the Busch one.
No bbb, which was great.  The crew was very informative and I did enjoy the pit reporting, through the field and all the other info they gave us.  I definitely think the Busch race was broadcast very well.   Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 12:28:41 PM »

Quote from: "17RoushFan"
So much for the "3 positions at a time scoreboard." NBC has followed suit with FOX as they used a scroll ticker for those who did not see today's Busch race. I was also surprised there were no names written in yellow during green-flag pit stops, but the network is probably saving their good graphics for the Nextel Cup races, along with their telemetry box for "Through The Field."

Oh man!  I am SO glad I am not the only one who is bothered by NBC jumping the bandwagon and switching their ticker to one just like Fox.  Personally, I don't like either one much, but at least the NBC USED to do it wasn't so damn distracting!  I also noticed that they moved it down the page more, so at times with the space at the top of the screen, it took up 5 lines worth of space from the screen.  This really bothers me, along with the HUGE NASCAR logo and the colors!  Also, NBC has now started using pointers just like Fox.  Why can't the network executives leave well enough alone?

I will have a review done sometime tonight.  Overall, I was happy with the announcers and content of the broadcast, just not the need to copy Fox graphics.

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

i thought the graphics were very disapointting.that ticker they used brings back bad memerioes of fox.also where were was the pit graphic from last season.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 04:29:19 PM »

This post brings me to "wiley veteran" status, so it had better be a good one Smiley

Did you see the graphics that are associated with the drivers?  I have come up with nicknames for them.

The dog collar is what happens when NBC/TNT goes to a commercial break and shows the top five.  The driver pictures are surrounded by a three-dimensional "ring," with the car number to the right of the picture in a smaller ring.

The buzzer refers to the graphic that involves the car number, with the manufacturer logo on the rim.  I have named it that because it resembles what Ken Jennings and others use on the game shows.

You would think that NBC/TNT wouldn't use 21st-century gimmicks and go for the same video game look as Fox, but if anything, some of them are worse.  The fonts resemble that of a science-fiction series or game.

On the upside: original theme music, no more Metallica!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 04:38:36 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
This post brings me to "wiley veteran" status, so it had better be a good one Smiley

Did you see the graphics that are associated with the drivers?  I have come up with nicknames for them.

Congratulations on becoming "wily" Desmond!   Cheesy

On those stupid rings around their necks, a guy on another list said they looked like toilet seats and maybe was symbolic that NASCAR was headed down the toilet in a hurry.  After that no-call on Stewart yesterday, I couldn't agree more.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 05:23:25 PM »

Congratulations, Desmond!

I think I have lost it.  I am so happy that NBC is back that I did not mind the "dog collar/toilet seat" at all.  :oops:  Probably will in the future though.  Somebody want to pinch me & wake me up?Huh?
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 11:17:25 PM »

Congrats, Desmond on reaching Wiley Veteran! Last year, I also made up a name for NBC/TNT's "war wagon." I called it the lemonade stand. Those silver dog-collars will definitely take some getting used to.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: