November 24, 2017, 05:56:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Broadcast from Daytona  (Read 968 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 03, 2004, 03:27:29 PM »

What a horrible broadcast!  I swear the announcers were driving me insane with their constant mindless babble last night!  Even Jamie talking when he was there was annoying!  Instead of commenting on the racing that was going on, they had him talking about other stuff as well.  I would've loved to have just turned the sound down and listen the the calm tones of Barney Hall on MRN, but Lou would've hated that the pictures didn't match up with the audio.   :wink:

It wasn't bad enough the speeds and erractic driving by some were making me nervous, I had to listen to DW, Larry, et. al screeching the entire time!

Also, the commercials were ridiculous!  It was like we got about 3 laps in between commercials in the middle till end of the race.  

Plus they failed to mention half the stuff that I heard on MRN when they were at commercial.  Shane Hall spun during the early caution and TV even mentioned it.  

At the end, it was disgusting how Darrell was clearly cheering for his brother and DEI only.  While poor Larry who was actually happy when Mike Wallace tried to take the lead felt the need to apologize for showing some bias.  Too bad DW couldn't learn from his example.  

Also, at the end, you'd think the great stat people at Fox might have mentioned that Wallace had won the inaugural truck race at Daytona.  But, no, they were too upset that the DEI cars had been defeated.  It was sad that the winner had to menton his previous win at Daytona in victory lane.  I guess Fox didn't have things end quite as they had scripted, so they weren't prepared with the usual background info.  

It sure would've been nice to have them take the time to interview Robert Pressley who climbed back up to the front to get a good finish, but I guess he's just not as important as the Cup "stars."

Kurt Busch was hilarious in his interview with his brother before the race.  I thought it was so funny when Kyle had to tell his older brother not to take it so seriously.  Later in the race, I did't care for Kurt's shilling for Ford and Coke, but he did a credible job of pit reporting if you could get beyond that.  They should've given him someone else to report on besides his brother in my opinion.  But I guess Fox prides itself on being the new Nepotism Network.  

Thank God, NBC/TNT will be back next week and at least we won't have the announcers who are suppose to be objective cheering on their siblings all the time.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 09:20:09 PM »

What a biased broadcast!  I cannot believe the audacity of DW on some things.  He was so made up besides and I could almost compare his dyed hair and blush to a lady of the night!  Pardon me, I don't really mean to bash but I swear he is in it only for the "show" and they really make a "show" of it.  Not even the decency of being objective where the drivers were concerned but we still had to listen to DW saying what he would do.  I laughed because he has never really driven that much since the aero shape cars have come into being.  He finally sort of admitted that his way was passe so to speak.  They never even showed the finishing order except for a partial one on the ticker at the top and never interviewed all of the top five.  Horrible broadcast.

On another note, I started to watch Trackside but DW was even worse on that and his uncontrolled hatred of Tony Stewart came through loud and clear. His voice clearly showed his feelings and watching his hands while he talked about what he thought Nascar should do really made him look like he was lobbying against Tony.  I think he definitely wants him out of Cup.  Finally Larry said lets get back to the present and future and he shut up and looked like he was p.o.ed about having to.  He is really one condesending person, imo.  I turned it off after Larry tried to change the subject because my ire was beginning to bother me.  I will not be watching Trackside again if DW is on it.

Thank Goodness It's Fox's Last Broadcast This Year and NBC Will Be Back Beginning Next Week.   Tongue
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 08:54:36 PM »

I just saw the SPEED Channel replay of the race.

What in the world was DW doing?  It was beyond obivious that DW was
openly rooting & then depressed over Michael's race performance.
DW was not objective at all.

FX stayed too long on Mikey's bumper cam during the spin.

Larry Mac was the only booth announcer to give objective anaylsis of
the final lap replays, especially Mike Wallace taking full advantage of all
the craziness going on around him.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 12:36:15 PM »

Quote from: "jw"
I just saw the SPEED Channel replay of the race.

What in the world was DW doing?  It was beyond obivious that DW was
openly rooting & then depressed over Michael's race performance.
DW was not objective at all.

FX stayed too long on Mikey's bumper cam during the spin.

Larry Mac was the only booth announcer to give objective anaylsis of
the final lap replays, especially Mike Wallace taking full advantage of all
the craziness going on around him.

I agree with you completely, JW!.  Somebody needs to reign in DW and his prejudice towards his brother!  Also agree on the bumpercam.  

Did you catch Larry apologizing for sounding like he was cheering for Mike Wallace when he was going for the lead earlier?  I hated that he felt the need to do that when he was probably just cheering a good move by an underdog, yet DW can't see how sickingly obvious his bias is towards his brother and anyone he perceives does him wrong.  Of course, Larry is trying to keep objectivity and probably felt someone had to offset DW's unprofessional behavior.    

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: