November 23, 2017, 12:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Million to Be Used to Upgrade Darlington  (Read 893 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:39 PM »

Here's a good one from Monte Dutton:

"In the past few months, International Speedway Corporation (i.e., NASCAR) has abandoned expansion plans in Staten Island, N.Y., and Kitsap County, Wash. The ISC board recently approved $10 million for upgrades at Darlington Raceway. Hmm. Wonder if one development is related to the other?"

We can only hope!   Grin

Here's a good article from Thomas Pope about the repaving and renovations at Darlington:

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=259403

Cheryl
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:09:40 PM by Cheryl » Logged
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »

This is great to hear, and it should guarantee (I hope) a race at Darlington for a while.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:01:24 PM »

Thank you, ISC!  For a change, it gets something right. Smiley Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:04:26 PM »

I really hope this is as it appears, but my glass never fills beyond half empty.  I've seen too many instances of corporations dumping tons of money into facilities; either new or renovating them, only to pull out within a year or two for "greener pastures".  I'm not rushing out to buy a lifetime ticket for Darlington based on ISC's investment.

Another thought, ISC and improvements are a scary combination in my mind; especially when it comes to Darlington.  You just don't repaint the Mona Lisa every few years to keep it fresh. 

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 05:07:55 PM »

Good points James, but I just cannot understand your failing to trust Baby Brian, and his "dodo brain" friends!! Grin Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:29:23 PM »

Dick, your point is well taken.  I really don't have any idea why I've become so calloused in my thoughts, but I hope my grandchildren get the chance to watch a race at Darlington, but something in the back of my mind says it ain't gonna happen:(

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

James, I am not sure you are calloused.  If you are, then a lot of us must be.  I think each generation is brought up with different values and it seems that some of the ones that are most popular are not really values at all. JMO
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »

Dick, your point is well taken.  I really don't have any idea why I've become so calloused in my thoughts, but I hope my grandchildren get the chance to watch a race at Darlington, but something in the back of my mind says it ain't gonna happen:(

James, that was meant to be "tongue in cheek" Grin
Truthfully, if there is one track at which I really want to see a race in my remaining lifetime, Darlington is it. My problem is that it ain't gonna happen on Mother's Day weekend. (only one of my 4 kids is a race fan, well, maybe 2, Roberta def is not, but if I told her I was taking the truck to a special show,....hmmm) Smiley Grin
Maybe I could plan a suprise trip to Myrtle Beach for ewvryone else, and to the track for ME! Grin

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »

Maybe I could plan a suprise trip to Myrtle Beach for ewvryone else, and to the track for ME! Grin

Actually, Dick, I would like to go with you, if that's what it takes.  Every NASCAR fan should go to Darlington at least once in their lives. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »

Absolutely, Desmond.

William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: