November 18, 2017, 08:52:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More on NASCAR Now  (Read 560 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 10, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »

From John Daly.  I don't watch the show anymore, but am extremely shocked that they didn't give more coverage to the Nashville Busch race.  Don't necessarily agree with Daly's comments about how outstanding the coverage was or Marty Smith's insight, but he makes excellent points about a lost opportunity for ESPN to actually promote the Busch Series:

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/04/espns-nascar-now-new-worst-show-in-tv.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

Thank you, Cheryl, for linking to the insights of John Daly. Smiley

The most interesting things I took out of the blog entry:
  • The show devoted only 34 seconds to highlights of the Busch Series - which it aired - and over two minutes to previewing the Cup race at Texas, which it does not.
  • Erik asked whether wives/girlfriends will brawl again at Texas.  Please! Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 05:48:27 PM »

I liked the other host better, his name just left my brain, but he was good. Much better than Erik and that other dodo brain who has no business covering NASCAR.
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:18:32 PM »

I liked him better also, Brett, but don't remember his name.

I have stopped watching the show as it seems to be just an afterthought of things, imo
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »

I liked the other host better, his name just left my brain, but he was good. Much better than Erik and that other dodo brain who has no business covering NASCAR.

His name is Ryan Burr.  For more information on him, follow this link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnBio?type=name (Select tab "A-E", then Burr's name)

Brett, I loved the term "dodo brain."  My dad uses that term a lot for dumb people.  Like Doug Banks, who you were referencing as the other host of the show.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »

Doug Banks may be a good on ESPN, but he doesn't belong on NASCAR Now. He is always squinting and has no idea what he is talking about most of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: