November 23, 2017, 08:35:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champ Car On NBC  (Read 549 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: April 10, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »

Did anyone happen to catch the Champ Car race on NBC last Sunday? I was shocked when I turned it on and saw Blll Weber and Wally Dallenbacj calling the action. Wally actually has open wheel experience, But Bill Weber? I guess they put Bill in the booth since NBC only has two champ car races, and why waste money on hireing someone new when you have same old Bill. Marty Snider also did pit reporting on pit road. I guess those from NASCAR on NBC, who are still there, still have a contract with NBC Sports.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:58:49 PM by BrettBaldeck » Logged
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »

I saw bits and pieces of it but didn't really pay attention so can't comment on any of the annoucers or pit road group. 

Sometimes I do envy some of these tv people though cause they get to travel and see many different kinds of racing...crowds can't be that bad for them...
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:23:16 PM »

Did anyone happen to catch the Champ Car race on NBC last Sunday? I was shocked when I turned it on and saw Blll Weber and Wally Dallenbacj calling the action.

So did I.  Maybe ChampCar has decided to cut its old announcing team (Rick Benjamin etc.) and will simply go with whatever announcers are provided by the network.  I believe it's NBC again this coming week in Long Beach, then ESPN or ESPN2 most of the rest of the season.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

Did anyone happen to catch the Champ Car race on NBC last Sunday? I was shocked when I turned it on and saw Blll Weber and Wally Dallenbacj calling the action.

So did I.  Maybe ChampCar has decided to cut its old announcing team (Rick Benjamin etc.) and will simply go with whatever announcers are provided by the network.  I believe it's NBC again this coming week in Long Beach, then ESPN or ESPN2 most of the rest of the season.

I read somewhere, but cannot confirm 100%, that Rick Benjamin and the majority of the broadcast team from last year have signed a contract with ESPN. Makes sense since ESPN has the majority of the Champ Car Events. If I remember correctly NBC has two, CBS has one, and ESPN has the rest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: