November 20, 2017, 04:47:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: truckity, truckity, truckity  (Read 1307 times)
super61
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:59:07 PM »

WTF?Huh?Huh?Huh?? please shoot him

ken
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:30:10 PM »

So that's what I missed by using my trusty mute button at the start of the truck broadcast?

Thanks [not] for sharing, Ken.   Wink

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »

I didn't mute in time so I had to hear it.  Can't believe where that man's head is most of the time. Roll Eyes
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »

You know, I think the mute button is the greatest invention of all time.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »

Okay, kids, please calm down!

Today on the local Baltimore radio station I listen to while getting ready for work, they asked a question and I was sorely tempted to call in.  "Which celebrity do you just want to tell 'SHUT UP!'"  Too bad I can never catch the phone number or I would've called them today.  Although, I doubt this morning show group has even heard of BBB. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »

Today on the local Baltimore radio station I listen to while getting ready for work, they asked a question and I was sorely tempted to call in.  "Which celebrity do you just want to tell 'SHUT UP!'"  Too bad I can never catch the phone number or I would've called them today.  Although, I doubt this morning show group has even heard of BBB.

Is this Mike and Mike in the Morning, on AM 1300 in Baltimore?  It has a segment called "Just Shut Up!"

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:39:51 PM »

Is this Mike and Mike in the Morning, on AM 1300 in Baltimore?  It has a segment called "Just Shut Up!"

No!  I absolutely refuse to listen to any sindicated radio "morning" shows!  I listen to The Bay, 100.7, which actually breaks the mold for morning shows by playing more music and not focusing on silly DJs.   And I only listen to them while getting ready for work.  After that, it's all XM-all day!  Commercial-free and DJ-free on almost all the stations I listen to.  Grin

And I don't think I've listened to AM radio in about 35 years.    laugh

Cheryl
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:08:41 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:03:26 PM »

Are you folks serious?? Did he actually say that? Holy Cow! I hope I never hear that, NEVER. Evil

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:22:23 PM »

Dick, I am so sorry you missed it.  It was so akin to bbb and now we have ttt.  Wow!  What a world we live in nowadays! Shocked

Sorry, Cheryl.  I could not resist and will be more proper next time. Cool
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 10:40:20 PM »

It was so akin to bbb and now we have ttt. 

Not those of us who are quick on the "trigger" of their remotes.   Grin  As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist.   laugh

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »

I listen to The Bay, 100.7, which actually breaks the mold for morning shows by playing more music and not focusing on silly DJs.

Enjoy it while you can, Cheryl.  Maybe at some point the station gets new ownership and the new owner will probably add a "morning zoo" or something like that in an effort to make money. Angry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »

Well, I guess that would be when I stopped listening to FM radio altogether.  I can get local weather and traffic from XM now, so there's really no reason I have to listen to local radio at all.  Silly morning shows is one reason I got my XM in the first place. 

Cheryl 
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 05:16:43 AM »

Cheryl, do you wake up grouchy and get grouchier as the day passes or just maintain?   (Just kidding)  I prefer waking up to the "The Price is Right" at 11 AM.  I can't believe he did that..just when I thought the BBB was receding Sad

****Edited by moderator****

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:27:29 PM by Cheryl » Logged

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »

Okay, things are really getting out of hand here, so I've edited or deleted some of the more rude comments about DW.  I should've done it when it started earlier this week. 

Heaven forbid, I ever defend some things DW says during the broadcast!  However...I think some folks have really crossed the line here.  Please remember the forum rules about how everyone involved in broadcasting deserves a certain amount of respect for the job they are doing.  I don't think anyone here will deny that DW is a very intelligent man who has a strong background in racing and is a former champion of the sport.  For that alone, he deserves our respect. 

No, most of us here don't like silly phrases added to the start of races.  Stating that is fine, but getting into personal insults about the announcers, just like drivers, needs to stop.  Yes, I'm guilty of it too from time to time and definitely about Michael Waltrip as a driver. 

But please remember if all we do is make crude remarks about the broadcasters, no one at Fox will take anything we say on this site seriously.  I know for a fact Mike Joy reads the site and when he was with Fox, Neil Goldberg did as well. 

So, for now, I'm locking this thread and am asking that everyone please try to refrain from this type of thing in the future.  As Mike Joy said in his interview with me, if you don't like something about a broadcast, give a suggestion on how they can do it differently.  Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the TV folks will ignore anything we say.

Thanks,
Grouchy Mom in the Morning
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:14:23 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: