November 21, 2017, 06:18:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kevin Harvick Show  (Read 977 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 31, 2007, 10:26:06 PM »

That's what the Fox coverage of the truck race seemed like to me.  Only two whackers in this race and Fox focused on one of them half the time!   Angry  Never even showed or mentioned Schrader was in the race.  Guess it's all about the Cup stars for Fox, not actually covering the race.  How many laps did they waste showing Harvick's in-car after he got shuffled back? 

I hate to say it, but (after the need to mute the race at the start), I actually prefer DW to Michael in the booth.  Yes, he has his usual bias and self-importance, but at least he doesn't have that franctic tone that MW always uses when doing broadcasts on SPEED.

The other thing I noticed is that putting this race on Fox just enabled them to use it as a promotional vehicle for their baseball ads.  When NA$CAR waved off the restart at 10 to go, it appeared that someone in the Fox truck just wanted to fit in another long, long promo for baseball.  Ugh...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:32:00 PM by Cheryl » Logged
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:27:41 PM »

I guess the trucks will now be subject to the 'story line' approach Fox seems to think is an adequate substitute for real race coverage.  But, I suppose  it cuts down on not knowing where to point the cameras....

And i hate to admit it, but you're right about DW being a relief from Mikey in the booth.  So...Mikey's off "Trading Paint', and he didn't do the truck race.  does that mean that Speed has finally realized that the overexposure of michael Waltrip needs to end?  Or, has mikey decided that he needs to spend more time trying to figure out why his cars ....(sorry, I can't resist)...can't drive 55?

Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:31:32 PM »

[quote
So...Mikey's ... didn't do the truck race. 
[/quote]

I don't think Mikey gets paid by FOX.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 01:59:49 AM »

You really think that Michael does all that TV work gratis?  Wow.  I'm surprised, unless he feels the chance to plug his sponsors is compensation enough?  Do all the drivers that do 'color' for races, as Kyle Petty is going to do later this year for TNT, not get paid by the network they're 'working' for?  I didn't realize that.  I learned something today.  Thanks.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 02:04:35 AM »

Sally,

Brian means Mikey's contract is with Speed, not Fox.

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »

Ouch!

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »

I guess I just assumed that if you worked for Speed, you were under the Fox umbrella.  Thanks again...seriously!
Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 02:47:50 PM »

Okay, now I'm confused, Huh?
 I thought that Fox took over the Speed channel.

BTW, I'v just about quit watching the truck races, for now. The timing is bad for me, and I don't care much for the coverage, but I will still attend a couple of truck races this year if I can.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

Okay, now I'm confused, Huh?
 I thought that Fox took over the Speed channel.

News Corps owns both Fox and SPEED under their "family" of networks/ however, I'm quite sure MW only has a contract with SPEED, just like John Roberts, Kenny Wallace, and Jimmy Spencer do for their shows.  Michael does not have a contract with Fox and therefore cannot appear on their broadcasts.  This is why he was not part of the truck broadcast team on Saturday.  Obviously, it is different for Rick Allen, Phil Parsons, and Ray Dunlap.  They obviously have contracts with both Fox and SPEED.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

When NA$CAR waved off the restart at 10 to go, it appeared that someone in the Fox truck just wanted to fit in another long, long promo for baseball.  Ugh...

Was that their way of remembering the valuable contributions of Jeanne Zelasko? laugh

___________________________________________________________________________________________

As for DW vs. Mikey, I have to agree with everyone else.  DW is clearly the lesser of two evils.  He shows more intelligence and rational sense than his brother.

If Mikey could not appear on the Fox telecast due to contractual issues, we should all be grateful. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »

Sally wrote:

So...Mikey's off "Trading Paint', and he didn't do the truck race.

I can't find the article but Mikey has been released from Trading Paint.  It was posted last week
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 01:10:24 AM »

I was pleased to see that the truck racing has returned to network television. But I thought they would pick some more exciting races to show on network TV, Like Talladega and Daytona. Not Mansfield and Martinsville.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »

I was pleased to see that the truck racing has returned to network television. But I thought they would pick some more exciting races to show on network TV, Like Talladega and Daytona. Not Mansfield and Martinsville.

Normally, Martinsville is a great race and Mansfield is always awesome, so I think they are excellent choices!  And they look so awesome in HD.  I don't think a superspeedway looks near as good in HD.

Short tracks RULE!  Grin 

Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 12:46:02 PM »

But I thought they would pick some more exciting races to show on network TV, Like Talladega and Daytona. Not Mansfield and Martinsville.

Oh that hurts.... It cannot get more exciting that a good short-track race!

Kids.... Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: