November 19, 2017, 05:13:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well...FOX did not give us poetry  (Read 1138 times)
Smallblock bored
« on: July 07, 2004, 05:13:47 AM »

There are winners, there are losers
There are fools.
Winners are those who go with their dreams
Then succeed.
Losers are those, one in the same
Yet fail.
Fools are those who let dreams die
With not a wink of the eye.
Let the news real fly
Bring out the band, we’ll all raise a cheer.
Tip the waiter a dollar, for a fifty cent beeeeer  !
Give us the highlights, guts glamour and pain.
Of our heroes villains, while we wait out the rain.
Your season is ending, why do you part?
The fool bet again, yet the loser won out.
We covered the first half, so our coverage stops.
 Screw it boys, here’s a helping of COPS !
Now people, don’t you think that after a full-half season of the NASCAR Winsto---- NEXTELL CUP FOX would have had a look back feature ready to go since it was the end of the season for them yet not the drivers or fans?
What was the head of the beast thinking when without blinking
Our season and coverage were gone.
What the hell FOX, you could not have foreseen the ending of your whole coverage coming to end to have the foresight to prepare a piece about the developments that took place such as Kasey K. getting the (let’s call it shot gun) more than twice and twice just that.
But. Would you spend a dime on anything when you have a week to go and nobody will remember what kind of coverage you had come next season no how no way?
At this point we will all admit that the country, me and you alike have a short memory about things that happen politically and sports wise. We all remember it but just kinda store it and ignore it. So this is why you get nothing to fill time except time itself.
Why FOX could not see the weather pattern that has been a regular thing kinda (DUH)!
Well if you ask me it was poetic in frustration to have an outdoor party of sorts with tely out on the lawn FOX blew this in a big way.
If you can not see the big thing you are being conned I suppose I guess I have no idea why there was not a season recap at ready. Hell…if anybody had a brain it could have been made during the season. WOW now there’s an idea.

P.S. A copy/paste font carry over feature would be nice if what I am saying is understood. Since I know "nothing" about computers. HOWS THE SALMON?
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 08:48:55 PM »

You done good on this one.  But I must disagree.  I distinctly remember they gave us a recap of the season on "As the wheel turns".  IMO, their mentality only runs along one vein and that is the "show".  And the "show" is the announcers, not what happens on the track or even the records that some set.  It is more apprepro to talk about how dw did it when he was driving, don't cha know?  

Seriously, no real recap of accomplishments for some of the drivers but they did zero in on a lot of the negative.  BTW, NBC is doing a pre season pn XM radio today to bring in their portion of the years broadcasts.  Much more classy, I think.   :wink:
Smallblock bored
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 10:51:37 PM »

True Vivian. It just seems that over the season a highlight reel would be put together as a just in case. For example I have had a brain child of sorts over the years. It only gained credible justification and momentum since the "split" has been iplemented. My theory is this. In short inteviews ask the drivers/teams how things are goiing and a small prediction as well. Then in the season recap show that and a after the fact happening to conflict or confirm. An example would have Robby Gordon saying how he was looking forward to Sears Point, then a quick glance of his wheel running loose. Remember the telemetry box burning up at Watkins Glenn? Any way ..just a thought..How's the Salmon?
sally
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 11:53:23 PM »

Perhaps a sign of their lack of poetry is the fact that the TV ratings were down (marginally) yet again.  Notice a trend here?  I bet that if ratings go up when NBC takes over Baby Brian will try to tell us it's because everyon'e excited about the crapshoot.
Sally :?
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 12:06:43 AM »

Sally, I agree with you on the BB stuff.  He will come up with something and I for one, think the ratings will go up but not because of the chase.  Simply because NBC crew are not as biased and they do give us more info as to what is going on.  Plus their through the field feature is great.  

A highlight reel would be good but as you heard, they are all off to their new duties and probably don't want to dwell on the past.  Jeff to the wrestling gig, dw to his site to sell all his stuff and I don't know about Larry and Chris.  TV fans and what we like to see are just not important to them except where (IMO) Larry is concerned and he does not have a lot of say on how things are done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: