November 21, 2017, 02:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #16 Declared Too Low After Bristol Race  (Read 723 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 26, 2007, 02:06:53 PM »

From Jayski:

"#16-Greg Biffle's team faces penalties after his car failed post-race inspection following a fifth-place finish. Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president for competition, said the car was too low. Pemberton would not speculate on the penalty, which could include a fine and points deduction, saying inspectors wanted to go over the car completely at the R&D Center in Concord, N.C., before a ruling is made. Biffle's car, as well as the #5 of winner Kyle Busch, were taken to Concord as a part of what will be a routine process as NASCAR implements the Car of Tomorrow this season. Pemberton said Busch would have the car back in time for Martinsville. That was good news to crew chief Alan Gustafson, who plans to use the car as a backup next week.(ESPN.com)(3-25-2007)"

That's a shame because he made such a good run up through the field...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:51:19 PM »

That's a shame because he made such a good run up through the field...

He is one of my favorite drivers, so I agree with Cheryl.  With the current crackdown era, some points will be lost, I can assure you. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »

Based on the things Waltrip and Schrader said about Biffle's issue on Inside Winston Cup last night, it sounds like being too low at Bristol is a detriment to a team, not an advantage.  Biffle said he didn't expect it to be a big deal, so that's good.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:12:59 PM »

Based on the things Waltrip and Schrader said about Biffle's issue on Inside Winston Cup last night, it sounds like being too low at Bristol is a detriment to a team, not an advantage.  Biffle said he didn't expect it to be a big deal, so that's good.
In that case, take back what I said about a guaranteed loss in points.  Then again, Jeff Gordon had to start in the back of the Daytona 500 field due to a similar problem.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 08:13:58 PM »

From Jayski, Larry McReynolds says a penalty probably will not come until next week after Martinsville.  The car is still a learning progress in the works
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: