November 20, 2017, 10:36:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COT  (Read 606 times)
sally
COT
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:41:44 AM »

Lee Spencer isn't afraid to speak her mind.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6598242

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »

I agree with Lee.  This car isn't going to save the teams any money, and if you add the money they are still spending on preparing the older car models, NASCAR racing has become more expensive than ever.

As for the safety features, it is an apparent advantage, but I've heard from elsewhere that they could have been squeezed into the older cars as well.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:21:30 PM »

After all the worries about the durability of the wing on the COT, to me, it survived Bristol quite well.  When Allmendinger's car got wrecked, his deck lid was all bent up, but the wing still looked quite intact and attached (via the tethers).   Grin

Despite what the winner felt, I thought the new car did fine and I'm still optimistic about it helping with aero push at the big tracks.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:37:42 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:59:55 PM »

I think the COT has put the driving back into the hands of the driver some and I did not see that there were any major problems except with the splitter on the left front possibly creating problems if another cars tire got too close as Jeff Hammond was showing.

As far as some of the drivers like the winner not really liking to drive it, I think possibly it is a generation thing of always having the cars too easy to handle. 

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »

I think the COT has put the driving back into the hands of the driver some and I did not see that there were any major problems except with the splitter on the left front possibly creating problems if another cars tire got too close as Jeff Hammond was showing.

As far as some of the drivers like the winner not really liking to drive it, I think possibly it is a generation thing of always having the cars too easy to handle.

Ah, so chalk up another advantage for the COT.  Maybe it will balance out the roles of the driver and pit crew in determining who wins or loses the race.  As well as the safety features.

I was very opposed to the COT at first, but I am more open-minded now.  Perhaps there are some kinds of tracks on which the COT will be better than the older design.  Only time will tell.

I still wish that the COT features were placed on cars that more closely resemble the street models, instead of being on a spec car.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »

I kind of intermittantly watched Inside Cup last night and they mentioned that putting wraps or paint on the wing would make it lose some of it's effectiveness.  Plus they belong to Nascar and the teams are issued them just like the restrictor plates, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: