November 18, 2017, 03:01:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikey to have XM radio show  (Read 1282 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 16, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »

I will try to bite my tongue, but will say I wish he'd gone to Sirius.  Even if I don't choose to listen, I'll still probably be bombarded with ads when I'm listening to Claire B. Lang's show.

From Jayski:
"XM announced that Michael Waltrip will join racing's biggest stars exclusively on XM Radio. Waltrip will host the half-hour weekly show "Michael Waltrip Out Loud," exclusively on XM. Debuting on March 20, "Michael Waltrip Out Loud" will air every Tuesday night from 7:00- 7:30pm/et on XM's sports talk radio channel XM Sports Nation (XM 144). Waltrip's show will feature his insight into the world of racing, as well as guests from the world of music and entertainment. Fans can tune in to hear Waltrip with breaking updates from the road or back at his newly opened Waltrip Raceworld shop in Cornelius, NC. In addition to being home to "Michael Waltrip Out Loud" show, XM will partner to become primary sponsor of Waltrip Racing's #99 Busch Series car driven by David Reutimann for the Chicagoland race July 14. XM is home to racing's biggest stars. In addition to Michael Waltrip's new show, NASCAR fans can catch exclusive shows from Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson.(XM Radio PR)(3-16-2007)."

Cheryl

drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »

I should be careful with my comment here. Should Mikey be focusing on getting his race team on the track instead of a distraction like this?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »

Well, he's picked up XM as an associate sponsor, so I guess he hopes the extra money will help his teams out. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 04:22:24 PM »

Oh Boy.  Roll Eyes
 I will try to hear it some time soon. Really. I'll give him a chance. If he gets too carried away on the Toyota pitch, I will turn him off. BTW, Lou is right, David R is a pretty good driver and deserves a chance, so let's see what happens.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:23:16 PM by Cheryl » Logged

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »

BTW, Lou is right, David R is a pretty good driver and deserves a chance, so let's see what happens.

I didn't think Lou likes Reutimann any more than I do.  I think you are thinking of Vivian's husband, Don.   Wink

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:12:20 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

Yep, I stand corrected. Mea culpa! Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »

Just what we need.  Another Michael Waltrip show!

Unless, of course, he has really mellowed out as has happened on the Inside Cup show.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »

Brian wrote:

I should be careful with my comment here. Should Mikey be focusing on getting his race team on the track instead of a distraction like this?

Brian, I agree with you.  He has so many irons in the fire but I do recall him saying one time that he has hired people to take care of all his race teams stuff.

We no longer have XM so won't get to check it out.  Don does tend to watch trading paint, his speed show just to get the pros and cons of him and whoever his guest is.

Yep, Don does think David Ruitimann is a good driver but wishes he was not with Toyota.  I am trying to be openminded about him now that Don told me that.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »

We need a sticky with the correct spelling of David Reutimanns(?) last name  Wink

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 01:42:28 AM »

Every time I type David's last name, I wonder if I am spelling it right  Grin  Same as with that Almirola (sp) driver.....
super61
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 02:29:24 AM »

see last week's vegas post for my opinion

ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: