January 17, 2018, 11:13:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota  (Read 876 times)
Vivian
« on: March 07, 2007, 02:19:46 AM »

FYI:  An interesting tidbit for those who may want to rethink Toyota and possibly driving one. 

We have ordered Ford, Chevy and GM motors from different dealerships (in both CA and OR) throughout the years since Don has always had an auto repair business.

We now have a customer who wants to get a new Toyota motor since his took a dump.  Don called the dealership to get pricing.  They told him Toyota does not sell motors.  They sell cars and do not want to get into the motor business.  So no new ones available through them.

Unbelievable!

cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 04:50:53 AM »

Hard to believe you can't buy a motor for an "american" made car right here in the US of A.  Guess you'd have to call Tokyo to get one.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 05:29:51 PM »

They told him Toyota does not sell motors.  They sell cars and do not want to get into the motor business.

Let's just say that they are saving their money for the business of destroying certain racing series... Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:00:04 PM »

James, Don did more checking several dealerships in OR and CA and you cannot get one anywhere.  They will sell all the componets to build one but maintain that they do not do motors anywhere since they are only in the car selling business.

And another interesting tidbit:  On the news last night it was reported that they are going to get more involved in American politics.  Not sure of all the details but I am sure it has to do with certain support of certain politicians....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:03:19 PM by Vivian » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »

Not to worry, Vivian. Good old Yankee ingenuity wins out in the end. There are plenty of Toyota engines available on the aftermarket from rebuilders, so that we can keep those rice burners running. My son paid abouit $2000 for one, installed inhiold Pick up a few years ago, in S Calif. I remember cause he was hurting at the time and old dad had to come thru once more. Roll Eyes
 Besides, just tell Don to drop a small block Chevy or Ford in it and be done with it.!! Grin Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 09:43:39 PM »

Dick, the fella who owns the truck just bought one of those off the internet. $2700 with warranty of 100,000 miles but it hasn't come yet and we have not seen the paper work.  So we will see.  Don is mighty suspicious of that part.

BTW, Don says that if no one listens to Robin Miller about Toyota, then we will hate them even more in a few years when they have ruined the series.   
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 10:09:16 PM »

There's a place here in Toronto that specifically deals in engines from Japan for Japanese cars.  Not sure exactly why but I thought I heard they had to change their engines frequently over there so places like this one were buying up all these low mileage engines and have them shipped here for people who want to replace their oil burners with lower mileage ones :-)

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: