November 25, 2017, 08:49:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikey Misses Vegas  (Read 1576 times)
super61
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 04:17:04 PM »

Cheryl, thanks for the message. Brian, i have no hard feelings. Hope all goes well,
ken

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »

What happened this weekend to Michael Waltrip, Jeremy Mayfield, and other Toyota drivers is a reminder that its feared domination of NASCAR Cup racing is not here yet, and in fact, it has gotten off to a slow start.  Hopefully, Toyota is appreciating how hard it is to start a program from scratch.

A mistake Toyota has made, if you can call it that, is overestimating its' drivers' abilities to qualify for races.  Only two of the eight--Dave Blaney and Dale Jarrett--are assured of racing every week at the start of the season.  Everyone else has missed at least one race, and Mayfield and A.J. Allmendinger have missed all of them.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »

Cheryl wrote (in part):

In this instance, I do believe for most of us the glee over Michael not making the race is primarily because of the Toyota connection.

I think that is the major reason I tended to cheer when I read the post. 

However, I think Don said it best when he said, "You know, David Ruitimman (sp?) is a good driver and I think he has potential, but I just cannot bring myself to cheer for him because he had to go and ruin it by driving a Toyota. Don't even matter that he drives for Mikey, it is Toyota that turns me off."

Brian, I do hope we have not offended you or sent the wrong message about bashing and then proceeded to seem to do just that where Mikey is concerned.  I just think we let some of our feelings flow over because we dislike his broadcasting and his me, me, me attitude and the fact that he is sort of, in our opinion, a shill for Nascar and now is promoting Toyota.  And I don't think we are alone in feeling that way after hearing the reaction from a lot of the fans during his Trading Paint Show when he mentioned he does not get to race at Las Vegas.

Good luck in the store and hope it comes together for you and the others there.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 01:14:31 AM »

I have no bad feelings towards anyone here nor do I feel anyone bashed me.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: