November 19, 2017, 09:42:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent Article About Disappointment in ESPN  (Read 514 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 06, 2007, 04:37:49 PM »

From Mike Neff of Frontstretch.com:

http://www.frontstretch.com/mneff/7319/

I've actually done a review of this week's Busch broadcast.  Just waiting for the webmaster (Lou) to proofread it for me and post it.  Hopefully, it will be on the main speedcouch page later tonight.  Surprisingly, Neff and I have the same complaints about losing the old ESPN philopsophy.   Sad

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 06:57:23 PM »

And this might be the answer to many of our complaints.

http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/3243.html

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »

Coincidentally, one of the things I complained about a lot in my ESPN review was them using these small boxes and reducing the HD screen down a lot.  Good to hear somebody in TV is aware of some of this stuff:

"The difference, said Jeff Behnke, executive producer of Turner Sports, is that even while sponsored content is being aired, the race will remain in the main box...
"It won't be just a courtesy shot of the leader's car," Behnke said. "Race fans want to see racing, and they're going to see the competition no matter what."

That was always my complaint the few times I ever saw "side by side" on ABC; it was a useless shot of the leader running alone.  IMHO, that's worse than no coverage during commericals.

I'll keep my fingers crossed the folks at TNT find a good compromise with advertisers while still serving the viewers.

Cheryl

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:17:09 PM »

Mike Neff mentioned the Dale Jr.-DirecTV ad during his review of the ESPN coverage.  Are you sure that's actually Dale Jr., or is that an actor?  Something's fishy about those ads to me.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:36:58 PM »

Are you sure that's actually Dale Jr., or is that an actor?  Something's fishy about those ads to me.

It's him.  After seeing it 9000 times, I have no doubts...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: