November 21, 2017, 01:19:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yellow fever  (Read 508 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: March 05, 2007, 01:01:55 AM »

Remember when a 'spin and go' on a road course was no biggie? A local caution is all that it warranted. Today's NASCAR world has once again proved that an independent officiating crew needs to work that races. One without an agenda to create a show by abandoning long-standing road course rules.

police

drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:34:22 AM »

I felt the same way during the spin by a driver I forgot. I thought he got back on track and going  forward so no caution, then it waved. They had to bring Montoya close to the front some how.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »

The full-course cautions for a minor off-track excursions started early in the race.  I can't remember who brought out the first caution, but even then I thought it was absurd NA$CAR called a full-course caution when in the past they would've simply have done a local yellow.  That one didn't even have anything to do with Montoya, just simply more of NA$CAR's manipulation to keep the field closer together.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:51:34 PM »

I felt the same way during the spin by a driver I forgot. I thought he got back on track and going  forward so no caution, then it waved. They had to bring Montoya close to the front some how.

Was it Brad Coleman, the young driver from Texas?  I think so.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: