November 22, 2017, 10:04:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TGIFLRTYANBCWBBNW!!!  (Read 4373 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 05:12:46 PM »

NBC announced yesterday that, starting Saturday, they will introduce a new feature called "Inside the Field," which is supposed to be an expanded version of "Through the Field," my favorite part of their broadcasts.

Also, producer Sam Flood promised not only to cut commercial breaks short after crashes, but also in events such as an unexpected pit stop from one of the leaders.

There's the difference between Fox/FX and NBC/TNT.  The second-half networks believe in constant improvement of coverage.  Fox and FX do not.  We'll see if the ratings reflect that.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 06:33:52 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
NBC announced yesterday that, starting Saturday, they will introduce a new feature called "Inside the Field," which is supposed to be an expanded version of "Through the Field," my favorite part of their broadcasts.

Also, producer Sam Flood promised not only to cut commercial breaks short after crashes, but also in events such as an unexpected pit stop from one of the leaders.

There's the difference between Fox/FX and NBC/TNT.  The second-half networks believe in constant improvement of coverage.  Fox and FX do not.  We'll see if the ratings reflect that.

You are SO right, Desmond!  Hey!  Where is everyone getting all this info on NBC?  I checked their motorsports website yesterday and there was nothing but a few old articles there.  First Vivian said something about them having something on XM yesterday and now this.  I feel so out of touch... Sad

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 09:42:42 PM »

First of all, John, you won but there is no prize other than praise and the fact that you outwitted everyone else who participated.   Cool  Tongue  :wink:  :lol: That should make you feel good.  BTW, I am glad you are back with us.

Cheryl, I think I read about the broadcast on Jayski and I am sure it said XM although it might have been MRN but I don't think so.

Great info, Desmond.  I am really looking forward to them being back.  One of my favorite features is Through the field so will be happy to see that come back.  BTW, did they happen to mention the line up plan??
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 04:17:38 PM »

Still no word on a lineup format on NBC/TNT. I guess we'll all going to have to tune in tomorrow to see for ourselves.

In 2003, the lineup featured not only the names and pictures of the drivers, but also the names of the crew chiefs.  This was shown in a traditional format, unlike the Fox scrolling tickers.

If you remember, the first few races on Fox had two sets of tickers: one showed the names of drivers, the second showed the pictures of their cars and crew chiefs' names.  From about Bristol on, the second set was discontinued.

One final note: due to the Athens Olympic Games (and part of the record 1,210 hours of coverage), the Watkins Glen and Michigan 2nd date will be shown on TNT.  There is no NASCAR racing over-the-air from August 8 (Brickyard 400) to September 5 (Fontana :oops: ).

P.S. To clarify, the 1,210 hours of coverage are spread among seven different networks, including NBC.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »

Desmond, are you saying that they aren't televising the races at all?  According to Scene, all races from Aug 8 until Sept 5 are on TNT.  Please clarify.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2004, 02:46:54 AM »

BAAAHHH! Cheesy

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Michael
Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2004, 03:05:45 PM »

Quote from: "marrtinigirl"
Desmond, are you saying that they aren't televising the races at all?  According to Scene, all races from Aug 8 until Sept 5 are on TNT.  Please clarify.

The Scene is correct, but Desmond means it won't air on networks you automatically pick up if you get a new television without any cable, pretty much saying, if you don't have TNT for about 5 weeks, you're screwed...and perhaps that it's time to get cable.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 04:40:13 PM »

I did not watch the lineups on Sunday due to another family commitment (details on General Chit Chat), but the Saturday lineups were presented in a traditional format.  No across-the-screen scroll, thankfully.

Also, the seven networks broadcasting the Olympics are NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, USA, Telemundo and NBC HD (high definition).  The additional networks will carry specific sports and preliminary events (e.g. CNBC will carry boxing, Telemundo soccer), while all the top events will as always air on NBC.

Michael, thanks for saving my butt on the last post Cheesy

marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 03:23:29 AM »

Oh Desmond, your butt didn't need saving, you just made me panic there for a second.  But then I realized what you were meaning, kind of like a couple years ago when our cable didn't carry F/X so we missed a few races.  It sucks.  Luckily now we have both TNT and F/X.  But I realize that everyone isn't as lucky.
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2004, 05:56:16 AM »

...and NBC HD (high definition).

According to http://www.nbcolympics.com, NBC HD will use different commentary teams for the events they do. (Example, 3-time Olympic swimming Gold Medalist Rowdy Gaines will be the swimming analyst for standard NBC, while another multiple Olympic Gold Medalist, also in swimming, Dara Torres, will be the swimming analyst for NBC HD.)
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2004, 05:59:54 AM »

One final note: due to the Athens Olympic Games (and part of the record 1,210 hours of coverage), the Watkins Glen and Michigan 2nd date will be shown on TNT.  There is no NASCAR racing over-the-air from August 8 (Brickyard 400) to September 5 (Fontana :oops: ).

Actually, Indy and Fontana will be on NBC, as Indy is 5 days before the Olympics, and Fontana is a week after. Only the Glen, Michigan, and Bristol will be on TNT. Of course, the 2nd Michigan date and Bristol are always on TNT.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: