November 23, 2017, 02:37:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TGIFLRTYANBCWBBNW!!!  (Read 4375 times)
Vivian
« on: July 02, 2004, 06:09:21 PM »

Figure it out and you will be the winner of that puzzle!!    :roll:

Do you want a hint?  What is this weekend???   Smiley
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 06:32:57 PM »

here you go vivan all of it   thank god it's friday last race this year and nbc will be back next week
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 07:48:02 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes7777"
here you go vivan all of it   thank god it's friday last race this year and nbc will be back next week

Wow! Ron, that's good!  I saw the NBC and understood the TGIF but couldn't figure out everything in between.  I thought she had something about the 4th of July or liberty in there.  :lol:

Good one, Viv!

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 10:06:33 PM »

Sorry, all of it is not right.  Try, try again.   :lol:
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

Thank God (Goodness?) It's Finally Last Race This Year And NBC Will Be Back Next Week!!!!!

Am I close?  Cuz I was thinking the same thing.

I have to say I was EXTREMELY annoyed with Chris Myers in the pre-race show.  I know that there is the running joke about the fact that he constantly has to read his notes, but it really isn't funny.  Nor do I think it is a joke.  When DW was talking about hearing things tonight you don't usually hear like bump drafting, sling-shotting (yeah, like they still do that) and even towing, I found myself screaming at the TV when Chris said "Well, you'll have to tutor me."

EXCUSE ME?  How many races has he sat through at restrictor plate tracks?  He's never heard these terms before and needs tutoring?  I mean, they tend to explain these things ad nauseam during every race, he can't retain that?  Oy.

Thank God FOX's season is over and we can relax with NBC.
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 01:19:28 AM »

Thank God It's Fox's Last Race This Year And NBC Will Be Back Next Week!!!

While I could care less who broadcasts the races (the first line above is a response, not a personal opinion), I do not like having to drop one broadcaster and change to another in the middle of the season.  I wish it was split better.  But, like I have read other fans saying in other places, as long as its on TV.  It's still better than stick and ball sports.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 08:44:55 PM »

John, you are mighty close.  One word off.
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 02:38:42 AM »

Thank God Its Fox's Last Race This Year and NBC Will Be Back Next Weekend.

How's That?

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 08:51:38 PM »

John,  Now you are 2 words off.  Try again.
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 03:22:15 AM »

Thank Goodness Its Fox's Last Race This Year and NBC Will Be Back Next Week.

Vivian
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 08:41:34 PM »

YEA!    Cheesy  John wins, finally.  I am looking forward to this weekend with Alan, Benny and yes, even Wally.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 08:51:26 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
YEA!    Cheesy  John wins, finally.  I am looking forward to this weekend with Alan, Benny and yes, even Wally.

Me too!

Cheryl
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 02:21:47 AM »

So ...  What do I win?  Don't leave me hanging like this!

I like Alan and Wally, Benny is full of energy but lacking substance.  I know I'm going out on a limb here but ... Bill Weber, I'm not looking forward to.  Reminds me of the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons. :lol:

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 12:49:41 PM »

Quote from: "John"I like Alan and Wally, Benny is full of energy but lacking substance.  I know I'm going out on a limb here but ... Bill Weber, I'm not looking forward to.  Reminds me of the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons. :lol:[/quote

Oh man!  I think Weber is great!  He may come across a bit pompous at times, but I think that is just his seriousness.  Hell, I'd much rather have someone totally knowledgeable about the sport doing the pre-race show than someone like Myers who simply reads notes someone gave him and seems to be mocking the sport at every turn!  And I'll take seriousness (which I translate to professionalism) over gags and self-promotion by old drivers.  Dave Burns is the guy who gets the antics during the NBC half, but even then he's clearly knowledgeable about the sport and last year at least any gag he did seemed to relate directly to racing.  The one I remember best was his demonstration of the so-called "Lucky Dog" rule using a german shepherd.  Now that was funny and related to current issues in racing.

I'm anxious to see how the NBC team does this year.  Too bad they have such a boring track for their first race back...

Cheryl
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

Did you look that up so we wouldn't have to?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: