November 21, 2017, 10:29:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Article from Tom Jensen  (Read 542 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 27, 2007, 03:03:15 PM »

of SpeedTV.com:

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/35632/

Love his sentiments about the Rock and the fact the media "openly jeered" the reported attendance figures for CA.  This is the second time I've seen it mentioned this morning that NA$CAR highly inflated the figures... Roll Eyes

Also from Mike Mulhern's article, this is the this year's excuse by the chick at CA:

"It was cold up there, and you could see a lot of people walking around under the stands," Zucker said. "So I think people were in and out of their seats."

As always, I say REAL race fans stay glued to their seats, no matter if it's 100 or 35 degrees.  But then again, if they had been at Rockingham last weekend, there would've been good racing to keep folks glued to their seats...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:21:50 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »

Isn't that about the same excuse she used last year? My son has been to Fontana for a race. He liked being able to take a train right to the track, but that was about the highlight of the whole day for him.(this was a few years ago).
 BRING BACK THE ROCK!! Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »

Last year, she said everyone was "shopping;" this year they weren't in their seats because they were cold... Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »

Actually, the stands looked full to me on television.  Don't know if there really were that many people at California Speedway or if it was just a camera trick.

Anyway, don't forget the Oscar night excuse someone gave as well.  At least Kevin Costner cared enough to show up...[sigh]

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: