November 22, 2017, 11:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Things From Jayski  (Read 540 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 02, 2004, 04:20:16 PM »

First one is that Terry Labonte may leave Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the year.  While I hate to think of that, I don't want him to hang on and go down the road that DW did.  It says he might retire or go to another team, mentioning the 3rd team Gibbs is starting.  This might be a good fit since they want someone who will only be there a year until they feel Yeley is ready for Cup.  I could live with two of my favorite drivers, Bobby and Terry Labonte, being teammates at Gibbs.  That would be cool and maybe they could team up on Tony and calm him down a bit.   :wink:

Here's the entire article:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/9061156.htm

Second item is from Mike Mulhern and I'm not sure how must truth there is to it or he's being his typcial self and trying to start rumors.  This talks about the disatisfication of team owner with the way NASCAR has been running things lately and hints at a break away to start another stock car series.  I used to be adamantly against a split series, but the way NASCAR has screwed things up in the last 4 years, I'm all for it right now:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031776456286&path=%21sports&s=1037645509200

Cheryl
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 04:49:08 PM »

cheryl not surpised about terry this makes way for the next big thing kyle busch.as for the second thing you may have a point in this may cause nascar to rethink it's philposphy abou the sport.
sally
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 06:22:24 PM »

As long as Baby Brian is in charge, the only thing he will consider is how much $$ he can make.  Period.
Sally :cry:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: