November 23, 2017, 08:35:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratings down and other thoughts  (Read 409 times)
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: February 26, 2007, 03:51:31 PM »

Here's a decent article about tv ratings, track attendance, and stupid 3d animation.

http://www.closefinishes.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000003/000335-p.htm

Lou

drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »

I don't understand why no one gets it. We have been told the reason attendence and viewership will be down. It's all the anti-Toyota folks who said they were done with Nascar  in 2007  Wink They kept their word Grin

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »

John Close (I'm assuming he wrote the article because he maintains the site) is holding out hope of a NASCAR return to Rockingham or even the resumption of the Southern 500 due to the poor attendance at California Speedway.

Something tells me that, unfortunately, will not happen.  But if it does, I will look forward to the resumption of these traditions and I'm sure a lot of you will agree with me. Smiley

As a Californian, I would love to see the races succeed in Fontana, but the time to throw in the towel may be near.

P.S. Missing a race for the Oscars?  Then again, this is what Brainless' target audience is thinking, so it can't be that bad for him, right? Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: