November 20, 2017, 01:00:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN, Fox, Turner Work Together  (Read 423 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 24, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »

From Jayski:

"ESPN has struck a cooperative agreement with NASCAR's other broadcast partners, Fox and Turner, to share camera crews as a cost-saving measure. "It's for the common good," said Jed Drake, ESPN's senior vice president and executive producer for NASCAR coverage. "It would be financial insanity to do it any other way. We'll share the cameramen and certain audio effects." Drake said that ESPN has an obligation with NASCAR to show highlights of other NASCAR-sanctioned events, but the network does not have any sort of cross-promotion agreement with Fox between the Busch and Nextel Cup broadcasts.(Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service)(2-24-2007)"

This is not unsual.  Back when ESPN still had the truck series broadcast a few years ago, I remember they were sharing the camera crews with the other networks.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 05:23:43 PM »

Here's a related story that I planned to post on Friday, but I forgot to do so.  It is a link from the Los Angeles Times in which Fox officials ensure that the new NASCAR package will turn a profit:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tvcol23feb23,1,3024940.column?coll=la-headlines-sports

Good luck, guys!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: