November 21, 2017, 10:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey hows this for a daytona prediction ?  (Read 1307 times)
Smallblock bored
« on: June 30, 2004, 03:57:16 AM »

If Daytona does not deliver anything, it may deliver rain. I was delivering a kidney (bean) to a guy who was in need of one and he explained to me that because of a reverse vortex caused by negative vibes generating from Washington DC, the jet stream was causing the rain that so many other folk in the country wish they had. We laughed for a minute at the lack of real drought relief in a country that sees constant flooding and drought in short time spans. As we put his kidney (bean) in the vacated cavity we could only wonder how the Romans and Greeks had such great irrigation, and the mighty states never seem to even blink at the thought of farmer relief in such ways. Just as it seemed we would have common ground on which to base our conversation, his wife thrust open the basement door and proclaimed that the time machine was ready to go! After a brief moment of joy we searched ourselves to find a cure for the curiosity that was our joy itself. Where shall we go and when?
  We decided Daytona Speedway, July 2004. So off we went through time and space. When we got there I asked him how he knew we went trough space and not just time. He asked if I had gotten sick on the flight? I said no, and forgot what I had originally asked. We went to a local health food store and got a bite to eat. We had a plate of Lousewort and Lytta, it was good but the Lytta could have been a bit more tender. We hailed a cab and went to the track. After scrapping up a couple of tickets we headed for our seats. The moon was watching as the crowd grew thick. The sky was as clear as glass and the dusk was a welcomed sight. Soon we saw paint jobs that were not what we had known to be true. Something seemed a bit odd. My friend turned to a gent to his left and asked to see his program for a brief moment. With a quick glance we knew we had landed in the year 2005 and not 2004. Somehow having no desire to be that far ahead in time we quickly headed to the proper time frame.
 We arrived having not eaten. It seemed that this was always the case in the trips we have taken prior to writing this. So we shuffled off to a place of relief and devoured our needed helping of Lysine and Thyroxine. I suggested beefjerky but there was none to be found. Besides it was raining, and there is nothing worse than going to a Stockcar race in the rain and getting your beefjerky wet. So we packed up and hit the road. We returned with a few days notice of what was to happen in Daytona. So being true race fans we went out and bought the goods we would need for a Daytona Pepsi 400 under the lights and waited patiently for the night to arrive where we would sit and watch a race that never was. If ever you need a genuine event in your life you often times have to look no farther than your local raconteur. And in the event he or she has a time machine, the tale just may be true.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 12:45:18 PM »

Interesting post, Mike!   :wink:

As to the vortex effect, your theory doesn't sound that different from the one I came up with several years ago at a Late Model Race at Orange County Speedway in NC.  When they brought out the cars to do hot laps, it started raining.  I came up with the theory that a large group of cars going around in a circle draws rain to a race track.  Think about it!  How many times has it started raining as soon as all the cars get out on the track?  Now I know my theory is diametrically opposed to the vortex effect claimed by that "sage legend" Darrell Waltrip.  I came up with mine first and with all the races I've been to in the last 16 years, it's been proven to be more true than not (unfortunately).  

As to Daytona, I heard the weather predictions starting Thursday (qualfying night) and it sounds like it is typical Florida weather for this part of the summer:  rain every afternoon...But hopefully it will clear off by evening.  Otherwise all those fans won't get to see if Dale and Mikey can still do the tango together.   :lol:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:35:43 PM »

Smallblock,

Whatever it is you are drinking, can I have some?

:?:  :?:  :?:

Smallblock bored
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 04:00:07 PM »

Does anybody recall that waste of space that got the college grant to study NASCAR (as inocent kids get sick) ? Well if anybody is in a school right now that has some good scienctific capabities, start building your racetrack models and rain makers. The vortex thing is pipe. If anything the static friction caused by the atomspheric vibration due to the engines sonic frequency has more to do with the rain, rather than cars going in circles. Now if we were racing in the sothern hemi' then perhaps thw counterclockwise rotation would hold the rain off. Then again that would be to say that if it starts raining have the saftey vehicles go in the opposite direction to stop the rain. Then if we were to gather the data from NASA that shows the frequency generated and the frequency needed to jar water vaper loose from dust particles that are acharged by..........hold on a sec lets all go flush our toilets and double check this rotation direction,.....you too Peru!!!!
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 04:21:25 PM »

Was that really Mike in Buffalo, or one of the Smothers brothers?  That was weird!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »

:lol:

I need a good laugh before heading off to lunch, Mike!  Thanks!

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 08:18:52 PM »

Just for comparison, the rain in Florida is so much neater than the rain in Oregon.  Rains here for days & days & days and is so gloomy and cold.  There at least it will stop after a beautiflul shower and rainbow in the late afternoon; and I could walk in it for hours and wait til the race restarted and out here, I would be bundled up and in the car on the way home after a few minutes.  Now please explain to me why I love the rain in Florida but not in Oregon.  Does the vortex effect that feeling??? :roll:
Smallblock bored
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 06:51:16 AM »

The reason you love the rain so much in Daytona/Florida can be looked at in two ways. We shall use the simple A & B method.

A) The surroundings you see most often become a glaze to what your life is. You look and feel yourself through your outer being, and thus you replicate this outer feeling into what you are within yourself. That is to say that if you were to turn yourself inside out, you would really be turning the outside impressions back onto its original self. In short, you slowly become where you live. If you lived in the city type atomosphere, you would feel the clean outdoors and woodlands a sort of abrasion to yourself. Don't be confused, this abrasion can be a good sensation like freedom and peace, a place to rest. Yet for others the abrasion would take the form of uncomfort and stress. Such things as dropping a piece of food to the ground, or no Ophra, would cause your body to generate a negative force through the release and lack of production of bodily chemicals. A sudden surge of adrenaline in a situation like this due to something like a bear attack or quicksand would give a rotten mood type result. Where if you were at peace and restfull in the outdoors the adrenaline rush would equip you with the cunning and calmness needed to properly deal with such trivial happenings. The abrasion you feel is what makes you deal in another manner than at home.

B) When used in the proper definition the word volatile would best adress the reason for the differing opinion of the two rains. The rain in Daytona/Florida is volatile. The rain in Oregon is not volatile.

C) Or course anyone of us can see that it is a cobination of the two answers. You must stare deeply into yourself to find where your abrasion will take you.
sally
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 07:40:32 PM »

Excuse me, but when I looked it up in the dictionary, the definition of "volitile" said Tony Stewart!
Sally :wink:
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 08:52:17 PM »

My dictionary said Tony Good Driver    :lol:

Seriously now, what do you think DW will have to say about the penalty and Tony?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: