November 24, 2017, 07:18:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nascar Road Tour  (Read 2960 times)
Vivian
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:40:44 PM »

Ithink that is the name of the reality show.  Has anyone watched it yet?

Don turned there for about 5 minutes Monday and we decided it is not a show we care to watch.

Any other opinions?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:34:07 AM »

I have no interest in it.  No patience for people doing silly things on so-called "reality" TV.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:17:19 PM »

I watched all of the premiere episode.  I found it interesting that the producers picked a Californian with lots of tattoos and a rock-star look over a female NASCAR fan from Alabama who sounded so much more earnest.

I guess, though, that reality TV is all about diversity.  As is NASCAR itself...[sigh]

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »

I watched all of the premiere episode.  I found it interesting that the producers picked a Californian with lots of tattoos and a rock-star look over a female NASCAR fan from Alabama who sounded so much more earnest.

I guess, though, that reality TV is all about diversity. 

While I've never watched any reality TV, I have seen the commericals for most of these type shows.  What I get from them is they look for the most controversial or "wild" contestants, so as to make the "reality" go off the meter.  In this case, I'm sure they thought the "earnest" fan was way too boring while the tatooed one would provide for a more outrageous "show." 

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 02:11:48 AM »

As soon as I saw the first promo, I knew I would never watch that sorry excuse for 'Nascar' programmimg.  I see enough 'fans' behaving like idiots at all the trackside crap Speed and fox do at each race.  Just proves that people are willing to make themselves look like idiots, whether they're paid for it or not.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

Last night, the show took place at Daytona.

The California kid with the tattoos did not make the trip, for reasons the network would not explain other than the cliched "circumstances beyond our control," and was replaced by an alternate.  (I think the alternate worked for a USAR ProCup team, so Cheryl and Lou may have recognized him if they had chosen to watch.)

The Friday before the Daytona 500, the contestants were divided into teams of two and the teams raced on a soap box derby track.  The team of Estee and Scott won, and received a package that included a pace-car ride in the following day's Busch race, a suite at the Daytona 500 (which Scott turned down and was re-awarded to the losing team), and the handing of the Harley J. Earl Trophy to race winner Kevin Harvick.

Estee and Scott received 180 points for the win, while Becky and John (the alternate who replaced he tattooed guy) got 170.

The individual with the highest point total at the end of the 13-episode "season" receives an internship with SPEED Channel.  The 13 races the contestants will attend will match exactly the schedule of Nextel Cup races on parent network Fox.

As for a review: Just what I expected.  Fair-to-mediocre production value, but some interesting footage.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 07:05:08 PM »

Desmond,

We really don't need you to recount the entire show here.  If people want to know what happens, I'm sure they will watch it for themselves.  Remember this category is suppose to be for reviews of racing shows.  Not a synopsis of them. 

Thanks!
Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:57:26 PM »

I have now watched five episodes so far, and all I can say is that the show is a huge disappointment.

Remember that the winner of the contest earns an internship at SPEED Channel.  So far, the contestants have not been tested in any of the skills that will help them work for the network.  However, it would definitely be a fitting contest if they were applying for a job at a junkyard. laugh

Becky Patterson left the show in her hometown of Atlanta, and who would blame her?  I'm sure she watched last week's show and laughed her head off. laugh

BrettBaldeck
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 05:53:58 PM »

I must be one of the few who actually like it. lol
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »

As they say, "the show must go on."  For the episode two weeks ago at Martinsville, someone named Carrie replaced Becky.  Makes no difference, however.  I'll be glad when it's over.[zzz]

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 05:23:38 PM »

The SPEED Road Tour Challenge did improve as the season progressed, as the challengers actually got to drive in various race cars, including dwarf cars, dirt cars, late model stocks, and at the end a Richard Petty Driving Experience car.  Cool! Cool

I still think it was a waste and I don't expect it to return next year.  At least the season didn't end in a junkyard. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: