November 25, 2017, 12:41:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duel 150s  (Read 850 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 15, 2007, 01:40:50 AM »

Wow!  One snorefest and one that got so good there at the end that I didn't even notice who won right away.  After it was clear both Nemechek and Mike Wallace raced there way in there at the end and Fox then told us Gordon has won, I said "Oh my God!"  I know they actually said it as he crossed the line, but I was so excited about Mike Wallace making it, I don't think I even heard it.  Great finish!  Of course now Lou says there was a height issue with Gordon's car, so he has to start at the back.  That sticks after Stremme pushed him up there at the end.  In the replays, it looked like Kenseth saw them coming and when "whoa!" and ducked out of the way.  That was funny.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 01:52:02 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »

As a west coast person, I appreciate that consideration.  Don won't let me stay home to watch so will not get to watch until about 10pm EST, 7 here
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:53:01 PM »

I couldn't find anything about Gordon's post-race inspection on Jayski (Lou heard about it on the radio this morning).  But here's an article with more details from thatsracin:

http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/2965.html

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »

I had to work, and only saw the beginning of the first one. Cheryl, your comment about Matt is funny. He probably was smart enough to let them out of the way. My man ain't no fool. Grin Grin
 From what the paper said, Gordon's pass was quite something.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »

I had to work, and only saw the beginning of the first one. Cheryl, your comment about Matt is funny. He probably was smart enough to let them out of the way. My man ain't no fool. Grin Grin
 From what the paper said, Gordon's pass was quite something.

Actually Lou is the one who remarked about it when Fox showed the replays.   Smiley

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 05:23:35 PM »

Race 2 had an awesome ending.  Both Jeff Gordon's winning pass and the three-way battle between Sterling Marlin, Joe Nemechek, and Mike Wallace were splendid! Smiley 

It appeared that Marlin was sacrificing his car so that his teammate would have a better chance at the transfer position.  Did anyone else notice that?

The whole race was intriguing to watch, with Montoya dominating the early part, the Busch brothers running very well in the middle, and Matt Kenseth's solid finish without Robbie Reiser at the helm.

Too bad we had to hear about the problem with Jeff Gordon's car after the race.

As for Race 1, it was pretty ragged.  Record for the most cautions ever in a "Twin 150s" race.  James Hylton could have overshadowed the mess if he had qualified, but Hylton faded.  Mike Bliss fell just .01 of a second short of making the race.  He was all ready to cry in the post-race interview. Cry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 02:05:09 AM »

The sad thing about Mike Wallace making the race was his qualifying speed was THE slowest of all cars.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »

The sad thing about Mike Wallace making the race was his qualifying speed was THE slowest of all cars.

Yeah, but so many times the drivers and announcers point out how the teams sacrifice speed for qualifying in order to have a good set-up for racing.  I think this was a perfect example of that because Wallace always drafts well and does excellent at these restrictorplate races.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 05:17:48 PM »

Yeah, but so many times the drivers and announcers point out how the teams sacrifice speed for qualifying in order to have a good set-up for racing.  I think this was a perfect example of that because Wallace always drafts well and does excellent at these restrictorplate races.

And he proved it again yesterday by finishing fourth.  He stayed out of the late-race trouble that hurt some of the other contenders.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 01:13:45 AM »

I agree, Mike had a great run yesterday.  He may not always have the fastest car, but get him in the race and he can draft with the best of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: