December 15, 2017, 09:03:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting for NBC  (Read 1076 times)
sally
« on: July 01, 2004, 08:01:16 PM »

I just finished watching last yeaar's Firecracker 400 broadcast by NBC.  Ahhhh.  Several "through the field" segments, the field summary doesn't "crawl", allowing you to still watch the race.  Cars that have pitted are shown in a different color so you know who they are.  Several time the only sound I heard was cars without gratuitous babble from announcers...and NO "crank it up" involved.  And finally, the announcers voices are at least 2 octaves lower, and without discussion of "...what I would do...".  Can't hardly wait!
Sally Cheesy
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 08:54:13 PM »

Shall we email them in advance and ask them to go through the starting line up so they can be another one up on FOX?   :twisted:
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 09:21:14 PM »

For "Through The Field,"

Sally, you should do the first place driver, Vivian, does the second place guy, then Staci, Desmond, etc. Cheryl will look up the stats in the war wagon, so that we won't have to. I will ask to cue the duck.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 09:33:46 PM »

Dang it!  I wanted to que the duck!  :shock:  Do you really think he will be back?  And who does the Cingular question?  Lou?
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 01:00:14 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
And who does the Cingular question?  Lou?

O.k. I'm all over it.

On your Singular phone, dial 1-800-ima-fool, ext 666, to answer today's Singularly Stupid Question. "The Checkered flag colors are old and boring - like you fans. Should the checkered flag have it colors changed to Nextel Yellow or Cingular Orange?[/b]"

:?:

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 12:49:51 PM »

Oh, so I'm the "stat girl", huh?  Pretty funny, Mike!  Especially since it took me three tries to pass statistics in college.   Sad

But there is something about racing stats that keeps my interest a lot more than all those old hypothetical stats they used in school, so I can play Weber.  But the only problem is I don't like heights.  Can we make the war wagon child size?   :?

As to the Cingular question, those people voting really are fools because they are just being suckered into wasting a lot of their 1000s of "free" minutes.

As to the duck, I propose we grill him for the 4th of July.  Personally, that commercial drives me crazy and the undue attention that NBC brings to it is even more annoying.  There!  I've said something negative about NBC.  I hope everyone takes note.  It might be the last negative thing they hear from me about NBC for a while.  Okay, at least until the race next week.  :wink:

Cheryl "how come I'm one of the few fools who are here at work today?"
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 12:52:29 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Shall we email them in advance and ask them to go through the starting line up so they can be another one up on FOX?   :twisted:

Oh yeah, forgot this one.  They better show the starting grid is all I can say or I'll be very disappointed in them.  But from what we've seen the last three years, in a lot of cases, NBC doesn't fall into the bad habits that Fox started.  At least I hope they don't... :?

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 06:07:26 PM »

Staci votes for the "ALLTEL"  blue flag.  Not to be confused with the "move over" flag.  She also volunteered to be in charge of the streamer.  She vows to put it back in the upper left corner of the screen where it belongs!

I will be in charge of the "virtual garage", giving only verbal explanations of the terms "tight" and "loose".  I'm familiar with both terms in several frames of reference.

Who gets to sit in the back seat with the in car camera?
Sally & Staci
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 07:41:22 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Staci votes for the "ALLTEL"  blue flag.  Not to be confused with the "move over" flag.  She also volunteered to be in charge of the streamer.  She vows to put it back in the upper left corner of the screen where it belongs!

I will be in charge of the "virtual garage", giving only verbal explanations of the terms "tight" and "loose".  I'm familiar with both terms in several frames of reference.

Who gets to sit in the back seat with the in car camera?
Sally & Staci

Haha!  Ah, yes, the old ESPN "pilon."  Lou and I loved that especially duing quals when we couldn't wait to see who fell off the pilon.  

I want to sit in the front seat with the camera, right next to Terry... Cheesy

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: