November 21, 2017, 08:03:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today showed some signs of what this year will be like. No spoiler  (Read 793 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: February 16, 2007, 01:13:42 AM »

#1 Way to much use of the wife cam.
 #2 David Reutimann is going to be this years Tony Raines, a driver who will get a lot of camera time for doing so little.
 #3 We got the full field rundown but for the drivers who were a lap or more down we got just a number after their name, no minus sign before the number.
 #4 A scroll with colors that were to hard to read, at least on my TV.
 #5 ESPN2's Busch practice coverage gave too much attention to the Cup guys setting the tone for this years ESPN Busch coverage.
 #6 For the amount of advertising Toyota supposedly purchased they so far have recieved very little mention except for the #55 and #00 cars.
 #7 Juan Pablo Montoya is the real deal. I picked Paul Menard as Rookie of the Year but I now know I'm wrong.
  #8 Silver cars are ugly

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 01:25:57 AM by drpep (brian) » Logged

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »

#1 Way to much use of the wife cam. #4 A scroll with colors that were to hard to read, at least on my TV.
 #

I couldn't agree more on both these things.  At one point, they actually went to a full-screen on one of the wives (Andrea Nemechek I think) while there was racing going on on the track.  It's bad enough when they do it in split screen, but that was just absurd! 

The entire broadcast was blurry on my TV and the ticker was darn near unreadable all day, between it being blurry and that stupid color-coding.  Yellow, beige or whatever that one color was so light you couldn't even see it.  Don't these guys ever check this stuff out before they put it on the air?

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:25:18 PM »

Cheryl, I'm so glad you mentioned that the picture was blurry and the ticker almost unreadable!  I thought it was just me, needing glasses to read it!  WHEW!

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »

Cheryl, I'm so glad you mentioned that the picture was blurry and the ticker almost unreadable!  I thought it was just me, needing glasses to read it!  WHEW!

I keep reading how DirecTV compresses the signals on a lot of channels and I assumed SPEED was one of them.  But if you're seeing the same thing on cable, then it has to be orginating at SPEED. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »

The entire broadcast was blurry on my TV and the ticker was darn near unreadable all day, between it being blurry and that stupid color-coding.  Yellow, beige or whatever that one color was so light you couldn't even see it.  Don't these guys ever check this stuff out before they put it on the air?

For the second race, the color representing the drivers still out of the Daytona 500 did change from yellow to red, so at least there was some improvement.

In response to Brian's third point, at least there was a full-field rundown after Race #1.  There was none after Race #2, not even through the ticker.  SPEED hustled through the end of it, with only two interviews, one with Jeff Gordon and I can't remember who the other one was with.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:49:17 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 06:33:59 PM »

I've noticed the ticker has been blurry during all of Speeds speedweek coverage.  I thought it was from the fact I was stretching the picture.

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 09:32:57 PM »

I just posted under the rate the broadcast about my picture not being clear.  Seems like we all had the same thing. 

All of you have written things that I also feel so won't repeat them.  But in response to Brian about David Ruittiman, he is gonna get coverage not only because of Toyota but because of the Waltrip brothers, IMO

There seems to be more bias in the booth this year than ever before.  And it is rather strange that so many people 'came together' if one of those favorites hit someone else.  Just depends on who you are when they describe the incidents that happen.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 02:23:01 AM »

One more thing. Expect a lot more of Mike, Kenny and Steven Wallace.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »

One more thing. Expect a lot more of Mike, Kenny and Steven Wallace.

Do you mean Michael Waltrip or Mike Wallace?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: