November 23, 2017, 07:32:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set recordings for Fox broadcasts  (Read 613 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: February 12, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »

As I noted last week, the Fox broadcast schedule does not distinguish between the NASCAR pre-race show and the race coverage itself. 

Here is how to avoid this problem and ensure that you only record the race.  This applies to users of the DirecTV DVR:

• Access the record features by pressing the "LIST" button on your remote
  • Hit the button on the remote colored yellow to access the "To Do" option
  • Move the cursor to the left, scroll down, and select "Manual"
The manual option contains a menu of programmable options, but they can only be accessed step-by-step.  Here are the steps in this case:
  • Select "recurring" in the "record" field to ensure that all the NASCAR races on Fox will be recorded.
  • Under "channel," choose the local Fox affiliate for your area.
  • Pick the start time by using the black directional buttons in the middle of the remote.
  • Pick the duration by using those same buttons to represent the expected length of the race.  Please note that you must start by clicking the right directional button first, or otherwise you will have at least 10 hours recorded.

When finished with all of these steps, pick "Select manual."  The race itself is now ready to record

With that, you can check out of the "Hollywood Hotel" for good! Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »

Or just start watching when they drop the green flag... Grin

Cheryl 
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:07:35 AM »

Somewhere past 30 minutes, FOX does this to distinguish race coverage from pre-race.

1. Music Video
2. GFX-either the NEXTEL Cup Logo &/or the race logo.

In past races that I've timed, I've started from #2.

Hope this helps.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »

Also, make sure you set the recording to go longer than what they are scheduled for.  For example, the Duels on Thursday were schedule to be on from 2-5, but they ended up going to 6ish. 

Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »

and make sure you rewind the tape in the VCR so that you get all of the available 2 hours worth of recording space!

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »

My own advice wasn't applicable yesterday due to "The Kelly Clarkson Show," but I will remember that for future broadcasts, starting this coming weekend.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: