November 20, 2017, 02:42:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck Series on FOX  (Read 661 times)
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« on: February 08, 2007, 11:12:50 PM »

Well it was finally announced today that the spring Martinsville race as well as the Mansfield truck series race will be broadcast on the FOX network. I think it's great two short track races are getting network television exposure.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »

That's cool!  Thanks for posting it Brendan!  Martinstivlle and Mansfield are two of the only decent tracks left on the truck schedule if you ask me. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »

I am very surprised by the selection of Mansfield for one of the over-the-air races.  I thought that Fox would pick two races that are both in combination with the Nextel Cup Series so that they would use the same announcers and crew that cover the Cup events.

Then again, it may be a schedule issue.  Maybe it's a Sunday-afternoon race (haven't checked), and most of the races are on Friday night or Saturday afternoon.  The Saturday part is critical because this year, for the first time, Fox will televise baseball every week from April to October.  This also explains why Jeanne Zelasko has been replaced by Krista Voda.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 06:38:42 PM »

Mansfield is on May 26th which is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (when Cup and Busch are in Charlotte).  The Martinsville race would be the Saturday afternoon before the Cup race in April.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 06:45:39 PM »

Mansfield is on May 26th which is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (when Cup and Busch are in Charlotte).  The Martinsville race would be the Saturday afternoon before the Cup race in April.

So either the Mansfield race is late afternoon, after baseball, or Fox will pre-empt baseball on May 26th.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »

That's cool!  Thanks for posting it Brendan!  Martinstivlle and Mansfield are two of the only decent tracks left on the truck schedule if you ask me. 

Cheryl
Don't forget about Indy Raceway park. (one of my favorites).

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: