November 23, 2017, 04:09:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broadcast Start Times for ESPN/ABC  (Read 430 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 08, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »

Jayski has an item about this, but you really need to go to his page to see the actual times.  Scroll down to the bottom of this page to the grid he has and then to the dates starting with Indy in August to see their times:

http://www.jayski.com/pages/2007cup_sched.htm

Most daytime races say 2pm, but I'm not sure if this is just when ESPN's pre-race show will start or the actual race.  I'm guessing the latter, so we probably won't see green flags till closer to 3pm.  Ugh...

Cheryl

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 09:08:57 PM by Cheryl » Logged
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:11:10 AM »

I just saw the schedule on jayski.com.  The pre-race show times are below the start times for the race.

My take on the ABC/ESPN schedule:
------------------------
1. Except for 2 of the final 3 races, Phoenix being the exception, the start times are very consistent.
2. Noting the columns for qualifying & happy hour: 4 races have not been announced yet, ESPN or
   ESPN2 will cover-NO Speed Channel
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »

This is another reason Jayski is such a valuable service.

I know this is about the ESPN/ABC start times, but I want to make one note about the Fox coverage that is vital if you are taping the race.  Fox does not break out the start times for the pre-race show and the expected green flag times.  You will have to consult the owners' manual to see how to manipulate the DVR to make sure it covers only the race, so that you can avoid the pre-race show.

NBC/TNT broke out the times, so it was easier to record the race.

We don't yet know what ESPN/ABC will do.  Hopefully, it will follow the NBC/TNT model and not the Fox model.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: