November 25, 2017, 12:39:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: broadcast on Fox breaking up?  (Read 638 times)
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: February 26, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »

I know we're having a snow/ice storm here, but the Fox feed is really breaking up a lot more than expected. Anyone seeing similar problems? It's almost like the problem is from the feed from the main Fox point of origin.

Lou

shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »

Fox picture here is great (about that only thing good about todays broadcast)

drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:48:15 AM »

I happened to be shredding old bank statements during the middle part of the broadcast which caused some static on my TV. Maybe this affected everyone elses Cheesy

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »

I happened to be shredding old bank statements during the middle part of the broadcast which caused some static on my TV. Maybe this affected everyone elses Cheesy

Grin  That's a good one, Brian!  Shows you how boring the racing from CA was...

Finally about 7:00, the Baltimore Fox affiliate got around to putting up a graphic saying they had problems with their picture.  Thankfully, by that time, some of the snow had melted from our satellite dish and we were able to see the last part of the race in HD.  Funny, the technical difficulties didn't affect the digital broadcast, only the analog.

Plus I was able to pull in an MRN station on FM, so we had that to listen to all day as well.  Yea!  Now I don't have to feel so bad about losing NA$CAR on XM.   Smiley

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 05:13:27 PM »

That's what I thought.  My picture was OK throughout the race, so it had to be a local station issue.

As for my own personal experience, I spent most of the race visiting a bookstore and starring in "Extreme Makeover: Buddy Wayne Edition" instead of watching my hometown race, which I did tape and see later.  I have some thoughts about the race, and the broadcast, in the appropriate threads.

P.S. The storm affected 29 states!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »

We had some break up also.  Not very much or very long but enough to be irritating.  Stormy here also and we were without our local CBS Thurs, Fri, part of Sat and Sun.  We may or may not have it tonight.  Not sure what is happening
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:54:56 PM by Vivian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: