November 20, 2017, 08:35:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Geographic Show on Moonshiners  (Read 771 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 07, 2007, 06:22:01 PM »

Desmond mentioned this show in the chat last week and I searched the Tivo for it to find out when it was broadcast.  Very interesting show that I highly recommend.  Just couldn't figure out exactly when it was put together.  Racing highlights were really outdated, like from the old ESPN days.  They had some wonderful comments by a very healthy-looking Benny, but the "info" on the show said it was produced in 2007.  Either that info was wrong or it took them a long time to edit all the material together.  Perhaps Fox, NBC and TNT wouldn't give them any more recent highlights.  Regardless, it was a very interesting show about the moonshiners in the mountains of Virigina and some history involving NASCAR. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 07:42:37 PM »

I only watched the last 20 minutes.  But what I watched was fascinating.  Benny noted the similarity between ethanol, which now powers the IndyCars, to moonshine.  "It's just moonshine with sugar added," Benny said.  I also watched a raid of a modern-day moonshine operation.  The landscape there hasn't changed after all these years.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: