November 19, 2017, 11:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Pass Free for Daytona  (Read 531 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 31, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »

I knew I had heard/read this a while back, but here's confirmation that DirecTV's Hot Pass will be free for Daytona.  Just wanted to pass it along for those of us with DirecTV.  When I find out what channels it will be on, I'll let you know.  I know none of us are that enthralled by this, but if it's free, I might check it out - mostly to see how absurd it is.   Roll Eyes  These are from the FAQs at DirecTV:

Will there be a free preview? 
Yes. The first race, the Daytona 500, is free for all residential customers on DIRECTV. It will be a great time to check out this revolutionary way to watch NASCAR races.

Do I need any special DIRECTV equipment to watch NASCAR HotPass? 
No. All DIRECTV receivers allow you to view NASCAR HotPass channels. However, some additional interactive features may be included in the package, which will require an interactive receiver to use those added features. The D10, D11, HR20 models are all interactive at this time.

I'd read on one of my A/V forums that only the newest receivers would be able to get it, so I'm glad that's not true since we have some older DirecTV receivers.

Cheryl

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:05:44 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »

The free preview is good, because, between having no income other than federal assistance (until my book comes out) and already paying DirecTV for NCAA basketball and NFL Sunday Ticket, I have no money left for HotPass.  Then again, if this were three or four years ago, when the racing was good and there were more real personalities in our sport, I would have been more willing to pay for it.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »

Thanks for that info, Cheryl.  I will have to write down a list of the channels so Don and I can fight over who to listen in on.   Wink
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 06:35:30 PM »

Then again, if this were three or four years ago, when the racing was good and there were more real personalities in our sport, I would have been more willing to pay for it.

Desmond, you'll find from hearing the scanner chatter, that they ALL have personalities, trust me.   laugh

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:13:58 AM »

Then again, if this were three or four years ago, when the racing was good and there were more real personalities in our sport, I would have been more willing to pay for it.

Desmond, you'll find from hearing the scanner chatter, that they ALL have personalities, trust me.   laugh

Cheryl

Does this mean their may be language not suitable for a PG-13 rating?

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »

Cheryl

Does this mean their may be language not suitable for a PG-13 rating?

I would hope they don't edit something people normally would be subscribing to and paying for.  To me, that's the difference from over the air (free) TV and cable/satellite.  People are paying for it and hopefully parents would take the responsibility to monitor their children's use.  But then, we know society is suppose to take care of the kiddies these days, not parents.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: