November 23, 2017, 01:46:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainwashing Them Early  (Read 1032 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 27, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »

This is just disgusting!  So BF wants to brainwash the kids from birth into believing what they are seeing today is really racing.  Ugh...If this wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny.

http://www.catchfence.com/html/2007/mt012507.html

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:32:15 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »

HOLY CRAP LOIS!!!!!!!!!!

next they will try to tell us FOXnews is a legitimate news outlet!!!!!

ken
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 11:31:59 PM »

I gotta find a "I'm throwing up now" smiles to add to the choices for posting. I sure needed to use it after I read the article....

Baby Louie

cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »

OMG!!! You can bet your sweet bippy I'll be out buying one for my 7 month old granddaughter-----NOT!!!.  I really loved the equating Brainy Baby with the NASCAR brand attraction.  That's one of the more oxymoronic things I've seen lately.

Where can I get my NASCAR barf bag?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:46:29 PM by cowboy271 » Logged

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »

Whatever happened to parents rearing their children to act and think for themselves?  TV has become their babysitter, and now, thanks to Team Baby Entertainment, they're even being told what teams (or racing series) to root for! Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »

I'll be (fill in your choice of profanity/expletive here) if I need some PR clown from Nascar telling me how to rear my kids or grandkids!! Angry Angry

Let's hope and pray that this crap does not go over well.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:14:54 PM »

Well, shall I play the devil's advocate here?  Cheryl, if you need to after reading this, reprimand me, please or ask me to edit or delete.

Parents and grandparents are already buying souvenirs, misc clothing and toys of certain drivers or car makes for their little ones.  I am guilty of doing that.  My 4 and 5 year old grandkids know who Home Depot Tony is and say he is great and they watch him when they are talking to or with me.  When around Don they refer to him as Cry Baby Tony but still recognize him and his car.  My 4 year old granddaughter says her Daddy shops at the "other" Home Depot which is blue.  She doesn't know it as Lowe's or who Jimmy is because Daddy does not watch racing but she looks for that car in the race also.  My grandson also watches for the #8 car because his Dad likes Jr.  All are very recognizable to these two young ones.  And they like watching the racing.  Sometimes because of a certain car color they will ask who that one is, but quickly fall back on what I like or what Don is saying.  And I still fall back on that lack of announcing and showing pictures of the starting line up.  These kids are quick to ask if drivers they have heard us talk about are in the race coming on.  And they complain because they didn't hear the name announced.  So, it all falls back on us influencing them as to who they grow up being a fan of.  Same as it did with Mickey Mouse, Thomas, Barbie, Barnaby, Big Bird or whoever.  They are already conditioned that certain things or characters are okay because that is how we have conditioned them.

It is scary to have someone else tell us how to train them or what to do to insure they become race fans, but society has conditioned us to believe that we have to be 'in' with the current "in crowd" and the later generations really buy into that scenario more so than some of us older people who didn't grow up with all the media and amenities that are common place today.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion and obversations and they are not meant to be directed at any particular person nor is it meant to influence anyone.  Just being a devil's advocate by looking at an overall picture of the way a lot of people tend to train or condition their little ones.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:42:28 AM by Vivian » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 10:40:35 PM »

Good points, Ms. D A! Grin
 I just get offended by the idea that some Pr clown has the nerve to presume that we need his/her help in this regard, or almost any regard for that matter.
  Yes, we do condition them, no doubt. But most of all, I want them to learn to think for themselves, even if they don't like my favorites. I guess that's why I my eldest daughter is a 24 fan, even tho I am not. I guess Baby Brian is the last person I would trust to "brainwash" my kids. Angry

William James
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:39:54 AM »

Thanks, Dick.

I forgot to say in the other post that my dear Granddaughter much prefers watching the truck races.  And I think that comes from the fact that both Mom & Dad drive trucks and she relates to trucks more than cars!  Cool
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:56:32 AM »

My kind of kid, Vivian if she likes trucks! Grin

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »

Thank you, Vivian, for your firsthand observations!

I can only wonder what parenting was like years and decades ago, when the outside influences we have now (TV, movies, Internet etc.) were not there.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »

Maybe a little off topic here, but my favorite saying and belief of how values have changed through the years is "You are what you were when"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:12:13 PM by Vivian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: