November 18, 2017, 10:25:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COT Update.  (Read 496 times)
sally
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »

Just read this from Lee Spencer.

CONCORD, N.C. - Talk with Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, and he'll tell you that Nextel Cup teams have had the Car of Tomorrow templates since August. Talk to most of the teams in the garage and you'll hear there are templates and then there are templates and other teams will tell you there are no templates at all.

Put on the waders, this is a doozy.

Watch the Daytona 500 on FOX, February 18 at 2 p.m. ET.

More NASCAR 

Apparently, there are two sets of templates: inspection templates and build templates. If the teams construct the COTs from the build templates then the car should pass inspection. No guarantee, mind you, but in principle the COT should be ready to race.

The concern from the teams appears to be with the templates for the nose or the front end of the car and the tail. Ford just received its tail templates last week. Other teams, like Richard Childress Racing, are still waiting.

The allowances or variance with the templates matching the bodies are an honest concern to the teams. But NASCAR has a meeting scheduled with teams for Feb. 2 at the Technical Center to hash out those concerns and hopefully offer a better understanding of what to expect when the cars get to Bristol for testing on Feb. 28.

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »

Does this strike anyone else as being somewhere between ludicrous and asinine?? Huh?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »

Sally, could you please post the link to the article you are quoting?  I'm not sure what exactly you cut and pasted, but there's a lot of stuff in there that doesn't appear to be part of the article.  I tried to find it on Jayski, but didn't see anything by Lee Spencer (who I believe writes for the Sports News). 

Thanks!
Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:54:03 AM »

Here's the link, Cheryl.  I really don't just make this stuff up, you know. 
y imagination isn't that good. Wink

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6405044

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »

Here's the link, Cheryl.  I really don't just make this stuff up, you know. 
y imagination isn't that good. Wink

No, it wasn't that, I just couldn't figure out what all that other stuff was in the middle of the article (like something about fantasy racing).  Thanks for the link!

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:50:57 PM »

I keep rolling all this info around in my head or somewhere up above my shoulders and seem to get more confused by the year so most of the time nowadays I am not reading anything related to COT.  Can someone tell me if the COT is going to have more aero or less aero?
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 02:23:01 AM »

Can someone tell me if the COT is going to have more aero or less aero?

yes.

Grin

Vivian
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 09:44:25 PM »

Thanks, Lou!  Now you have really confused me! Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: