November 22, 2017, 05:01:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on NASCAR in Primetime  (Read 3527 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »

Thanks for that review.  I had planned to watch the most recent show on Wednesday, but never got around to either watching it or taping it.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »

So I broke down and watched part of it. The shows executive producer was on Sirius radio and mentioned that Stanton Barrett would be part of the show last night. I taped it and watched all 5 minutes that Stanton was on for. I did love the cheesy sound effects Roll Eyes they used when cars spun and collided with each other or the wall, er sorry Safer Barrier.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »

I did love the cheesy sound effects Roll Eyes they used when cars spun and collided with each other or the wall, er sorry Safer Barrier.

I noticed the same fake tire squeeling sound on several SPEED shows in the past (Beyond the Wheel, Survival of the Fastest, etc.).  Apparently the real noises aren't enough for producers of shows like these.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 04:39:14 PM »

This was the best of all the shows so far.  The producers chose a wide variety of drivers from Tony Stewart to Stanton Barrett to a go-kart racer.  Also, Montoya returned, and the show followed the reaction as he won at Sonoma.

At least they recognized that the Busch Series is more than just the Cup regulars that ruin it every week.  The Barrett segments were especially well-done.

Barrett is a very fearless guy.  I don't know if I could do one of the things he does (race car driver/stuntman), let alone both.

This was the last episode of the series, and ABC "left me wanting more," in the showbiz language.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: