November 25, 2017, 10:47:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil Parsons Joining ARCA Broadcast Team  (Read 699 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 24, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »

Great news!  I really didn't care for Dan Pardus...

http://www.arcaracing.com/content/view/4281/2/

That Busch win Phil had at Charlotte in 94 was one of the best "underdog" wins I've ever seen in person!  Charlotte has always been loaded with whackers and he came with a very small team and outdrove them all!   Smiley  Very emotional "comeback" win for him too as I've heard he'd been blacklisted by owners because he had some vision issues.  I believe he fielded his own team in that race and that led to him getting a deal with Channel-lock as a sponsor afterwards. 

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:43:56 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »

Good for Phil.
 That is an interesting bit of history, Cheryl.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:05:06 AM »

Vision issues?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:12:09 AM »

Wow phil's first busch series win was all the way back in 1982.

I thought phil won more than 2 busch series races.

I've heard that with phil's only cup series win at talladega that his car that day was 1 of the fastest if not the fastest car there that day.

Phil's only win came in the early days of the restrictor plate. I think phil had to fight off both bobby and davey allison as well as 2 or 3 other drivers that day for the win.

And when phil won that race he was driving an oldsmobile.

Also early in phil's career he had a bad wreck at talladega which injured him. I know his car was at the museum they have down there. I'm not sure if it's still down there or not?

Question for cheryl isn't the museum that nascar has at talladega isn't it called the international hall of fame museum or something like that?

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »

Phil's only win came in the early days of the restrictor plate. I think phil had to fight off both bobby and davey allison as well as 2 or 3 other drivers that day for the win.

And when phil won that race he was driving an oldsmobile.

Yep, the Crown Racing Oldsmobile, #55. 

Also early in phil's career he had a bad wreck at talladega which injured him. I know his car was at the museum they have down there. I'm not sure if it's still down there or not?

Question for cheryl isn't the museum that nascar has at talladega isn't it called the international hall of fame museum or something like that?

Yes, that's what it's called.  Lou and I went to the museum in 1997, I think.  I just remember seeing Michael Waltrip's Kool-Aid Busch car from his wreck at Bristol.  It was just amazing that he walked away from that one.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:54:11 PM »

Phil will probably do okay in the booth as long as he does not have Mikey there to compete with and get him overly excited as normally happens in the truck broadcasts.  JMO
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 02:35:13 AM »

That's wonderful! Smiley  Phil Parsons needs to hear some good news for a change.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 04:03:55 AM »

Hi cheryl you know how you mentioned michael's bristol wreck didn't he hit that gate that opens wasn't that what caused his car to get tore up so bad?

Didn't some guy in the busch series recently in the past 3 or 4 years hit the same area and have a very similar wreck to what michael experienced in 1990.

Also in the international motorsports hall of fame museum is bobby allison's car that he wrecked in 1987 is it there?

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »

Hi cheryl you know how you mentioned michael's bristol wreck didn't he hit that gate that opens wasn't that what caused his car to get tore up so bad?

Didn't some guy in the busch series recently in the past 3 or 4 years hit the same area and have a very similar wreck to what michael experienced in 1990.

Also in the international motorsports hall of fame museum is bobby allison's car that he wrecked in 1987 is it there?

Yes, Michael hit the crossover gate and Mike Harman did the same thing a couple of years ago.  I think they've gotten rid of it now to avoid it ever happening again.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: