November 23, 2017, 08:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petty to TNT?  (Read 567 times)
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« on: January 21, 2007, 12:31:46 AM »

From Jayski

Petty to TNT? to run less races: hearing that Kyle Petty, driver of the #45 Petty Racing Dodge, will be part of the TNT broadcast crew that airs six Nextel Cup races in June and July of 2007 and that Petty would not drive in some or all those six races, being replaced by another driver, no idea who that driver may be. Bill Weber will return as TNT's play-by-play announcer and Wally Dallenbach returns as a race analyst.(1-20-2007)

I'm really sad it won't be Benny but I really do like Kyle as an announcer and hope this is true.
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:15:28 AM »

Interesting article.  I've heard Kyle doing some broadcast work on either the Busch or Truck series and he's good.  He seems more interested in describing the action to the fans rather than hyping himself.  I hate the former driver's who precede every comment with "I".  My other thought..why now and so quick?  Petty seems to be coming back and I don't see a "development driver" on the horizon.  Is there a sponsorship problem?

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
super61
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »

petty racing has struggled to keep sponsorship on the #45. There were a few races last year with no names on the quarter panels. SO it was no surprise to hear Kyle would be in the booth for a few Cup events this year. I really can't see them going to a one car opertation, but until they put someone who can win in the seat, unfortunately, the big sponsor bucks will not come anytime soon

Ken
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:29:34 PM »

I think that Kyle does a nice job in the booth.
Frankly, I hope tha Bobby is able to win a couple this year and boost Petty's stature with sponsors.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 06:59:33 PM »

I would give Kyle Petty a shot, also.

Ideally, TNT would keep an empty chair in the booth to honor Parsons' legacy, but I know that's not realistic.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: